Pirate Dragon

@etherguard, on Aug 6 2008, 01:37 PM, said in Pirate Dragon:

0101, I can't seem to be able to extract your zip. Did you use the plugin archiver thingy? If not, try that. I'm on windows so I can't expand normal mac archives, I think.

Ah, let me fix that for you, Etherguard. Here you go.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File PBRL.zip (317bytes)
    Number of downloads: 6

Thanks again. You're a rock.

Now for the whole importing/exporting thing... This is a pretty major roadblock.

Edit: Been fixing ALOT of stuff, it's almost working now. Both the ship and the weapon are in-game. A problem, though: the weapon refuses to appear on the ship. I've checked and double-checked everything, and I've been pulling my hair out over it. The weapon should be there. :X All the other weapons come with the ship... But there's not a trace of the pirate biorelay laser.

This post has been edited by Etherguard : 06 August 2008 - 09:13 PM

Here is a thought just in case it is a "noob" answer 🙂 Perhaps you left the resource ID at 128 for the Pirate Laser? The weapon ID number should be set to a higher number so it doesn't conflict with EVN. Check the weap resources of the game and see what the highest number is and put yours a little higher.

@etherguard, on Aug 6 2008, 06:07 PM, said in Pirate Dragon:

Edit: Been fixing ALOT of stuff, it's almost working now. Both the ship and the weapon are in-game. A problem, though: the weapon refuses to appear on the ship. I've checked and double-checked everything, and I've been pulling my hair out over it. The weapon should be there. :X All the other weapons come with the ship... But there's not a trace of the pirate biorelay laser.

@vast-deathmaster, on Aug 6 2008, 09:28 PM, said in Pirate Dragon:

Perhaps you left the resource ID at 128 for the Pirate Laser? The weapon ID number should be set to a higher number so it doesn't conflict with EVN. Check the weap resources of the game and see what the highest number is and put yours a little higher.

Yeah, 0101 did leave the ID of the Pirate BRL at 128. It's overwriting the Light Blaster's weapon resource, so technically you could encounter a Shuttle with a BRL. :laugh:

But yes, find the highest ID from your files and your plug-ins, if they do add weapons, and stick yours a little higher. Don't forget to make an outfit for it, and give the outfit a "Weapon" property.

Yeah, I know, but I wasn't getting payed to do all the extra coding. All I was supposed to do was create the graphics and put them in, not associate the resources and get it all set up. Not that I'm getting payed at all... Donations accepted. 😉

Let's see... ID of the outfit is 630. The weap is 631. The outfit points to the weapon correctly... And the weapon appears in the outfitters in-game as it should (made it so it only appears at shady places)... 😕

Edit: Hmm. Interesting. I tried purchasing the ship and putting the weapons on it, and something interesting happened. Though the weapon showed up in the extras section, it wasn't available as a weapon when in space. SOMETHING is very wrong... :X

This post has been edited by Etherguard : 07 August 2008 - 09:14 AM

Well, is it set as a primary or secondary weapon?

I set it as primary and gave it all the same stats as the BRL. It worked for me.

Here they are.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Does the Pirate Dragon have any Beam Exit points?

I, at least, haven't made a shan for it, so I'm going to have to answer in the negative. So that's what EVNEW looks like, huh? Never seen it before.

Well, I just copied the Polaris Dragon shan and made one for the Pirate Dragon (only thing I changed is ID, Base Image ID, Glow Image ID and Light Image ID). Was that a mistake? I'm just doing what feels logical, here. I've no idea.

Hmm...

That should work. I can't think of a problem, but can you pop-up a screenie of the weap?

Thought I would help here. I like helping people, at least in really difficult things! So I scrutinized the field, and couldnt find anything odd except that the graphic is -2. According to the Nova Bible "-2" doesnt exist, negative settings dont. Check.

The next three fields tell Nova which graphic and sound to use for this weapon,
and how to launch it:

Graphic What graphic set to use for this weapon
0-255 Use this graphic set (i.e. spin resources
3000-3255)

I cant understand how you missed something that obvious. Before you get offended, I am writing in a very excited state. I write what comes to mind; but I dont mean to offend.

So umm, how about changing it to something else? So its positive, more than 3000?

I cant think of anything else based on the pic. Give us pics of spin and shan as well. Otherwise we cant (see them) , its your plug...

Let's see... ID of the outfit is 630. The weap is 631.

This is odd. You say weap is 631. In pics, its 629.

P.S. How do you like Vista? I just had to comment because in the pics is the beatiful Aero interface. Im planning to buy Vista. Regardless of how much I tweak XP, it continues to be slow in some situations (VMware 6.5 Beta 2 still slows in some cases, a bit). Thats after 3 months of tweaking. 3 months. 3 months of fanatical tweaking. I did it as my dayjob; I did something every day. Along other things. 8 first days, I would tweak full days. Whole days, and not much else. You could say it was revenge for the legendary slowing down I had. VMware (when it still was in beta 1 and slow as heck) , would slow down and freeze the app- and then the computer. It would, metaphorically speaking (I dont want you to think it really crashed- because it didnt.), crash. Then I had to spend the next 15 minutes terminating processes so it would be fast enough for my mom to use a e-bank site. Even if the bak could have really been usable with less (I am not sure how much I have to terminate), I decided I would never tolerate slow again if it could have such effects. (Before, I didnt care about the slight slowness and always slowing down in heaviest apps). I declared a jihad on slowness and didnt back down until I saw my computer would run even Vmware as fast as the other things- ironically, it would continue to be slow weeks/ months after everything else was fast. So I thought I would try if a new OS would speed it up. You know, because new OSes do be faster. Thats a fact. They dont only slow down computers. They only slow poor computers, and mine is bought summer 2006, so it should be fine.

D.S.

Vista? I used to dislike it but it's really grown on me. For the first time in Windows history, I actually like the built-in file explorer, it makes it easy to organize pictures and such. The start menu is also a real stroke of genius. You just hit winkey + write a couple letters in the name of the program you want to run, and it finds it for you in a moment. Then just press enter and the application starts. Plus, I use a software called Start++ which gives me even more options with the start menu: I can do tricks like write "d word" and it opens a new tab in firefox looking for the word "word" on dictionary.com. Or I can write "w america" and it looks up "america" on wikipedia. Nifty stuff.

As for the mod stuff, I'll look into it.

This is odd. You say weap is 631. In pics, its 629.

Ah, I changed it after I made the post. Just something I randomly changed to see if it made a difference.

Graphic What graphic set to use for this weapon
0-255 Use this graphic set (i.e. spin resources
3000-3255)

I cant understand how you missed something that obvious. Before you get offended, I am writing in a very excited state. I write what comes to mind; but I dont mean to offend.

Hmm, well, it said -2 in the entry for the standard BioRelay, so I just copied it. :huh: I also can't seem to find the spin resource for the BRL graphic.

This post has been edited by Etherguard : 08 August 2008 - 10:01 AM

Max Weaps = 256. Try setting it's ID to something <384.

And... Lo and behold, it works. Thankie muchly. Now for adding in text and such.

Still, I need to export/import images from the nova files. I do have access to a mac computer, in case that's something that only works on missioncomputer (or whatever).

Why import or export? Just copy and paste to the new file.

@etherguard, on Aug 8 2008, 07:46 AM, said in Pirate Dragon:

Hmm, well, it said -2 in the entry for the standard BioRelay, so I just copied it. :huh: I also can't seem to find the spin resource for the BRL graphic.

That's because it's a beam. All the info on the beam is stored in the weapon resource itself.