Graphics for shots

How?...

I would like to make a kind of gun/bullet that would spin while in flight, I don't know how to do this, and I would like to know if there is an easy way to do this.

Thanks!
-K

There's a flag for this that you can check so it will spin while in flight. If you're using MC3.3 or lower then check through the flag options in the weap resource. It's there somewhere.

@shlimazel, on Aug 20 2008, 09:14 AM, said in Graphics for shots:

There's a flag for this that you can check so it will spin while in flight. If you're using MC3.3 or lower then check through the flag options in the weap resource. It's there somewhere.

So you can make a missile rotate while it's heading towards its target?

I guess so. I've never used it myself, but I know for a fact that it's there.

It is. Under the weapon resource.

I also need to know what image type I need to make it an image in MC.
I'm trying to make it an rle8 thing, but whatever extension I use doesn't work.
And thanks for posting that, it was helpful!

-K

It's PNG. You're welcome!

EVN doesn't use RLë8's. You need to use RLëD's. And the easiest way to do it is to just copy paste the contents of the image from Preview into the RLëD maker.

Png isn't the only format supported, though I would recommend it if only because it's lossless. Do not use jpeg or gif.

@0101181920, on Aug 20 2008, 11:52 PM, said in Graphics for shots:

EVN doesn't use RLë8's.

The original Macintosh version of the game uses rlë8s if it's running in 256 colours (which is increasingly rare), or rlëD in thousands of colours. The Windows port always uses rlëDs for some reason; if you're running in 256 colours, it downsamples the rlëD and ignores the rlë8.

Ok. Tried pasting into the RlëD maker in MC, I can paste one using the button (Either one, Doesn't matter) when I past the other, again, using the button, both Screens went blue. My Images are about 15X15 pixels wide. the mask is 15x15, black background with white cutout. The image is 15x15 pixels wide, mostly grey and green, with white background.

-K

I remember someone else having some trouble with graphics. I don't know if this holds true for MacNova but PCNova doesn't like graphics with odd numbered sizes which is a pain if you want something centered.

Okay, I think I know why they went blue. Once you have pasted in two images of the same dimensions, MC will by default divide it up into a 6x6 grid using blue lines. You need to set the grid layout on the right to 1x1.