How do you make a pilot log?

I can't figure out what's wrong with my string.

I am a t5 in vellos, but I can't find my next mission. Yes, I'm registered.

@oryhara, on Jun 22 2008, 11:59 AM, said in How do you make a pilot log?:

I am a t5 in vellos, but I can't find my next mission. Yes, I'm registered.

Do you use a Mac, or a Windows?

If you use a Mac, open TextEdit and save a blank document into the EV Nova folder as "pilotlog.txt". It must have the .txt extension for Nova to use the text file, so if you have "pilotlog.txt.txt", then delete one of the .txt extensions. After you quit Nova, the pilotlog will be updated.

I don't know how to do Windows, though.

I thought he used Linux?

@0101181920, on Jun 22 2008, 05:58 PM, said in How do you make a pilot log?:

I thought he used Linux?

Yes, I do. sorry I didn't explain.

This post has been edited by oryhara : 22 June 2008 - 07:05 PM

The Linux proceedure should be pretty similar to the Mac one. I don't have any direct experience, but aside from windowing system issues, they're both Unix variants so the code should be pretty identical.

Wait, aren't you using an emulator? Are you emulating the Mac or Windows version? If it's Mac, use the Mac procedure, if Windows, use the Windows.

He'll be using wine. The procedure is the same either way - all you need is a file called "pilotlog.txt". Since he's using linux I'm sure he's smart enough to avoid duplicating the extension.

@guy, on Jun 22 2008, 10:21 PM, said in How do you make a pilot log?:

He'll be using wine. The procedure is the same either way - all you need is a file called "pilotlog.txt". Since he's using linux I'm sure he's smart enough to avoid duplicating the extension.

Thank you. the information is helpful-I am using wine for windows (Mac emulating is illegal)

You are incorrect. It is by no means illegal to emulate a mac. What IS illegal is having a file that is a binary image of a Mac ROM without being in possession of an actual ROM chip, usually inside an actual Mac. This is largely ignored however, in terms of doing the emulation with Basilisk II as the ROM images involved are so old that it is apparently not worth Apple's time to enforce this. Furthermore, OS 7.5.3 and the 7.5.5 update are available for free from Apple via their FTP if you do a little hunting on the Apple website.

This post has been edited by CaptJosh : 25 June 2008 - 02:33 AM

What is also illegal is running OS X in an emulator (though I believe OS X Server is allowed as long it's emulated on a real Mac).