Hello.

Greetings from an artist

Hello. I've long been a fan of the Escape Velocity games, having thoroughly played them from plugin to plugin. Being a fairly talented photoshop artist, and fond of EV and concept design in general, have decided that lending my help here might be a good idea.

So. Um. Yeah. If anyone needs graphic assistance I'll be there, both to aid in plug in development and to learn more myself.

Welcome to the boards, Seraph Tenacious! May you enjoy your stay, and be "blessed by the light of Lathlandar!"

I'm sure you'll find someone who could use some help, just hang around... 🙂

Hmm. I see one of the stickied topics is specifically for this sort of thing.. Oh well.

I can tell you right now that I could use an artist for my Clavius rEVisited project. the only guy I had working on ships vanished into Real Life tm some time ago and I haven't heard from him since. This is not good, because in order to update Clavius and Beyond to work properly with rEVisited, I need new ships, new outfit pictures, new shipyard pictures, new landing pictures that fit the rEVisited interface, and so on...

You can find out more in the Clavius rEVisited thread in this forum. Take a look and see if you're interested.

I've never needed a whole lot of Photoshopping for Anathema, but I do have a splash screen rendered that needs a 2-d touch (basically just some text). Here's a copy of it if you'd like to take a look. Much to my dismay, my old photoshop expert seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. 😞

If you're familiar with Anathema, you may have also noticed a distinct lack of a special Exile bar holovid image. If you'd like to draw one up, I'd be incredibly appreciative. My Photoshop skills don't really extent much beyond alpha masking.

Anyways, if you're interested in either of those, feel free to send me a PM or an email at bmartin2009@gmail.com. And thanks for offering to aid in some plug development! I'm sure you're going to get more than a few offers in the coming days. 😉

I'd like some help creating planet ring graphics. I don't even know where to start on that one. If you PM me or email me I'll send you a planet that I want to have a ring on and the details of the kind of ring I want. It would be even better if you could teach me one would do that! That way I could do it myself if you become to busy!

nice picture Archon. let me guess its just before the earth/exile battle at earth when they have only just launched their fighters.
and Tenacious you could help with some landing pictures or something for the expansion for acheron.

Interesting. CaptJosh, I'd love to learn more and get in touch with you about that... And that holovid thing should be pretty easy, Archon.

I had hoped to use this to extend my skills and knowledge beyond just photoshop, so I can learn a bit about plugmaking mechanics itself.

Welcome, fellow artist! Graphics people tend to get snapped up around here.

Shlimazel is right, Seraph Tenacious. There is a demand for artists at the Developer's Corner, as graphics are a very important part of an expansion/TC. Since they're so hard to find, people like you will be offered lots of jobs. Good luck in your field of work, Seraph. 😉

And by the way, I noticed you have good English skills. That everyone here likes, as it makes describing a problem/solution/whatnot easier.

This post has been edited by king_of_manticores : 17 June 2008 - 12:01 AM

Yeah, suprisingly, we don't get many people with bad typing. Or maybe they just get kicked out so fast I never notice.
Do you do laser shots? Only sort of graphic I can't really take care of myself, as Sketchup (yes, I use it. It works just fine for ships, and is very precise. But if someone knows how to render in TurboCAD, then I'll start importing into that.) is incapable of that sort of thing.

I suppose I could do a laser shot... They aren't particularly difficult.

I'm an administrator on a different forum, so you get used to writing neat and grammatical posts 😉