Random Graphic Hurler!

Cool, right? Except that's not what I want to do.

So I'm having some weird thing happening. I'm trying to create a weapon like the Fusion Pulse Cannon, as in its spďn is an animation that it runs through. Except I'm coming up with something really weird. It's throwing out any random weapon graphic it has. And I don't mean that every time I change it it comes up with a new graphic. Every time I fire it, it has a new thing it shoots. I've had raven rockets, IR missiles, the planetary laser blasts, railguns, light cannon, medium laser, light laser, large laser, you name it. I'm putting up the file because I doubt someone could help me otherwise. No idea what's going on. I've tried everything I can think of.

Attached File(s)

Are you sure the graphic field is set correctly? Its from 0 to 63.

Yep. I generally set my ID's to the highest number available so it will have the largest compatibility with any other plugins, so it was originally set to 63, but I've tried changing the ID's, so right now it's 62.

@0101181920, on Jun 10 2008, 07:13 PM, said in Random Graphic Hurler!:

So I'm having some weird thing happening. I'm trying to create a weapon like the Fusion Pulse Cannon, as in its spďn is an animation that it runs through. Except I'm coming up with something really weird. It's throwing out any random weapon graphic it has. And I don't mean that every time I change it it comes up with a new graphic. Every time I fire it, it has a new thing it shoots. I've had raven rockets, IR missiles, the planetary laser blasts, railguns, light cannon, medium laser, light laser, large laser, you name it. I'm putting up the file because I doubt someone could help me otherwise. No idea what's going on. I've tried everything I can think of.

For no real reason, how about you release it? :laugh: I know it's not what you expected, but it sounds really hilarious, and I'm sure it'll amuse people playing. I mean, it would be funny to fire random ammunition at someone.

You know, that's not a bad idea. Of course, my first released plug being a complete joke might reflect badly upon me. But first, would somebody check it and see if it does the same thing on your computer?

EDIT:
After experimenting a bit more, it seems that it only works if you have multiple of the weapon. I'm working on something to remedy that now.

This post has been edited by 101181920 : 10 June 2008 - 11:41 PM

@0101181920, on Jun 10 2008, 08:58 PM, said in Random Graphic Hurler!:

You know, that's not a bad idea. Of course, my first released plug being a complete joke might reflect badly upon me. But first, would somebody check it and see if it does the same thing on your computer?

Sir, if you think it'll reflect badly on you...

motions to Josh Tigerheart's Department of Useless Plugs

I think that about says it all. 😉

It's great to do something simple like this for a first plug. Doesn't have to be anything complex, or even useful; sometimes bizarre curiosities are just as popular as hot-ticket items that everyone wants.

Good point...

I LOVE it! 🙂

:laugh:

I think that's a glitch with your plugin. Import your stuff into a new plugin and see if this makes it stop.

Reflect badly on you? I'm disappointed I didn't discover this first!

Edit: Found your problem. You don't have a spin 3062, which is the one your weapon's shot sprite points to.

This post has been edited by JoshTigerheart : 11 June 2008 - 01:09 PM

MissionComputer has the little hint thing wrong, then. It says sprites 200-263. Weird. Oh, well, I'll try to make this into a useable joke, and then make a working copy for my serious plug. Thanks, people.

EDIT:
Me find something awesome! The projectiles you shoot change upon where you are in the galaxy. In Auroran space, you have a higher chance to shoot FPC blasts and railgun rounds, while in Fed space you fire mostly light and medium lasers, with a smattering of missiles. Haven't checked Polaris yet.

This post has been edited by 101181920 : 11 June 2008 - 04:23 PM

Sounds like it uses whatever projectile was last fired or selects random ones from ships in the system.

That's an interesting point, because if nobody else is shooting, it tends to stay the same. But as soon as I attack, it starts cycling.

See? Now you have more reason to submit it! I'll give you props if you do! :laugh:

So you've invented, by accident, an insanely funny plug. This is really interesting.

Q: Bug or Feature?

A: Feature.

Okay, first of all, what are props? Second, I'm working on making it a full plug. Nearly done, just need to get an appropriate picture for the outfit and adjust the levels of text. Only reason I'm not done is because: A. I went out to dinner, and B. I got sidetracked by another random idea that I'm working on that requires the use of 40 öops resources, all of them nearly exactly the same. Might take a bit. I think I'll just finish the graphic hurler thing, though.

@crusader-alpha, on Jun 11 2008, 05:51 PM, said in Random Graphic Hurler!:

Q: Bug or Feature?

A: Feature.

Crusader has the right idea here, methinks. 😉

Okay, the plug is complete. I'll upload it in a couple minutes. Have fun!