some programming help

possible 3000 ideas.

1st (this one was deleted. I'd rather keep it a suprise)

sorry..

now is there any way to limit what commodities a player can buy by what bits are active? example-
planet A sells a rare fruit that spoils quickly. You COULD buy some and let it slowly rot in your hull, OR buy a cargo hold upgrade to keep the humidity and temperature just right...
Or install a pressurised tank into your cargo hold to allow you to ferry liquids more effectivly...

Also, do branching storylines work properly in nova? (specifically onfail bits activating missions...)

There are the BuyOn and SellOn fields in the junk resource, which you could use to change which you could buy based on whether you had the upgrade(s) but there's no way to swap the existing junk over or prevent player from selling the upgrade(s) iff that cargo is in the hold, although you could make it unsellable entirely. I recommend you do make it unsellable and not allow the player to buy something that would decay.

Yes to the second one. Branching storylines are a mainstay of both ARPIA2 and Anathema.

About the cargo tanks, I think you could set it that you could only take missions with that cargo if you had a tank, but I don't think that you can do trading like that. I'm not sure at all about the rare fruit. cröns aren't my thing yet, and I think you'll need them.

I believe jünks can "rot" in the hold and have some bit expressions.

Branching storylines work with either onfail bits, bits that allow one of two missions to fire depending on what the player does/where he lands, and random bit expressions.

edit: wow I'm getting slow.

This post has been edited by LNSU : 10 June 2008 - 08:06 PM

yeah it wont be to hard to implement

Yep, you can have junks reproduce or decay in the hold. I'm trying that for rare radioactive materials that are really expensive, but decay, and organics that are really cheap, but reproduce. You find both in asteroids.
And you actually could do the freezing fruits thing. In the jünk resource, there are NCB tests for if it is traded. What you'd want to do is make two copies of the resource, with the same trading planets. On one, check the decay button. Put in the NCB tests that it can't be traded if a certain bit is set. On the other one, have it so it can only be traded if the bit is set. Now make the freezing chamber. On purchase, tell it to set the bit. On sell, tell it to un-set the bit. Hope this helps!

frozen bananas! :laugh:

Sounds too much like Tokyo Bananas for me. Banana flavored twinkies, utterly disgusting, found all over Japan.

ok so frozen strawberries.

Much better.

Kiwis?

i have never heard of frozen kiwis.

You can freeze anything, so it would work, but I don't know if it's been marketed. You might be onto an original idea. Try it!