Plug underway announcement

First announcement

Hey gang, just thought I'd let everyone know that I began working on a plug-in around December. This plug-in is a hobby of mine that I pursue regularly, especially when IĀ’m supposed to be doing something else, like studying or something. Anyways, as this is my first mention of anything of the sort on this board don't get too excited as any possible release date is probably quite far off. Anyways at this time I have a rough Idea of a starting place, as well as some sort of layout of the universe, nothing is complete however. At this Time I have created about 21 ships however in most cases all that exist are their base sprite sets, a few have lights, many have engine glows.

I have no appropriate name as of yet, code name Xi Fighter

Feel free to tell me what you think of these three designs.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Imhotep : 30 May 2008 - 09:40 PM

I am going to say right here and now that I knew you were doing something all along (the hint was the profile picture šŸ˜‰ )

All three of those ships are awesome and if you have 21 of them I have to believe that your plug is already far along šŸ™‚

The details in each ship make them very breathtaking! I want to fly them now!

@1purevengeance1, on May 30 2008, 08:47 PM, said in Plug underway announcement:

I am going to say right here and now that I knew you were doing something all along (the hint was the profile picture šŸ˜‰ )

All three of those ships are awesome and if you have 21 of them I have to believe that your plug is already far along šŸ™‚

The details in each ship make them very breathtaking! I want to fly them now!

Thanks. šŸ˜„

i love it. if you need any help putting it all together or with mission bits PM me. šŸ˜‰
i like the 3rd ship best.

this is amazing... simply stunning... wow...

@imhotep, on May 30 2008, 07:39 PM, said in Plug underway announcement:

Feel free to tell me what you think of these three designs.

21 ships, that well designed, eh? I believe you're a pretty good artist, Imhotep. Nicely done. šŸ˜‰

Looks good. Let me know how you get on.

Oh, and a word to the wise: ships is but the start. The real slog comes in the missions and universe.

This, sir, Is made of epic win.

A++ on the ship models.

is there a story? and do you need help coming up with a name?

if there is no story then it could be THE TC WITH ONLY SHIPS AND SYSTEMS. šŸ˜„

šŸ˜®

Jaw, meet floor. Floor, meet jaw.

Imhotep, this is fantastic work. However, I'd like to bring up something Pipey mentioned: are your files backed up?

It'd suck to lose all this great work.

as Pipeline said.

View Postpipeline, on May 28 2008, 08:56 PM, said:

At this point, I'll reissue one of my "Tips for Young Players":

ALWAYS back up your work! Back it up as regularly as you change it. If you use Mac OS X 10.5, use the Time Machine feature. If you don't, at least make sure you keep DVD or thumbdrive backups. I suggest backing up daily, but weekly will do in a pinch.

I've only ever lost material I was working on once, and that was more than 10 years ago (1997), which is when I started to make sure I backed up.

Don't make my mistake. Backup isn't an option -- it's essential.

This post has been edited by of doom : 31 May 2008 - 10:53 AM

@of-doom, on May 31 2008, 08:53 AM, said in Plug underway announcement:

as Pipeline said.

'Twould be a very bad shame to lose those very nicely done ships. A VERY, VERY BAD shame.

Those are very nicely modelled. Good work.

Well done, those ships look sweet šŸ™‚

Cheers all and point taken; while I still have the 3d models and all the pic files there is no backup outside my computer. I am copying the files to CDs now.

I have a rough outline as to what the universe will look like:

The year is 3680 old count or 1499 NE.

The Year 2181 marked the expansion of the human race too the stars. Hyperspace travel had been discovered a few years before and earth entered a golden age, the first Jenova station was built in orbit around Jupiter in order to better utilize the resources of the asteroid belt, and Titan was colonized in order to study the life found there. On the moon the Advanced Propulsion labs worked on more efficient ways of travel. Engineers from the mars missions consulted on the development of the habitats for the new worlds and on the day of July 27 2181 the St. Maria and Newton, two colony ships, both entered orbit around New Cordoba and New Stockholm respectively.

There are three Terran core worlds, with nine colonies; these planets are locked into alliance with one another but also compete with one another economically.

The core worlds are earth type planets, planets within their systems enjoy diffused prosperity and people live their lives in luxury, the corporate centers of many industries are located here and most jobs are in business ITs and politics. Colonies are more specialized, orbiting Alpha Centari the planet Gilgamesh is home to a crack medical research community who have made many breakthroughs and have increased the life span of all humans, though the planet is an arid radiated rock a mineral found here and only here is the reason for many of the discoveries.

The core worlds practice their own form of colonialism over their individual colonies/protectorates, New Cordoba, orbiting Tau Ceti practices direct colonialism educating Cordoban diplomats in the ways of colonial governance, then sends them to their assigned planets. On the other hand New Stockholm, orbiting Epsilon Indi practices indirect colonialism creating fissures in the people of it's colonies by elevating specific ethno/religious groups to positions of power, in most cases these elite groups are minorities. Earth's method is similar to New Stockholm's method. Throw in a abundance of neocolonialism, a paranoid patriarchal ruling circle, and the diminishing of freedom and the rise of surveillance in the name of Democracy and you have the Triaxis alliance.

The Triaxis holds hegemony over human space their vessels are crushing Behemoth Warships capable of leveling cities from orbit in minutes if conventional weapons are used. Weapons today get quite unconventional.

Other core worlds will not be so prosperous; New Saqqara in the Procyon System will be a desert world suitable in atmosphere to be a agricultural world. the people of this world are pretty much serfs, uneducated, farm workers along with a lesser number of managers who are educated off world in agriculture, and a ruling class.

To the galactic west Truency in the Leipz system is a mineral rich, near earth, but largely ice world who is independent do to the covert colonization of the planet about a hundred and fifty years ago, and the announcement of the hyperspace coordinates, by the Regal Nebula only five years ago.

Human space is surrounded by impenetrable nebulas but the nebulas have never been breached

Hyperspace routs are important, as there is a factor of a maze to this universe.

Thats all for now hope to have wet you appitite.

It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both. -Niccolo Machiavelli-

This post has been edited by Imhotep : 31 May 2008 - 12:26 PM

@of-doom, on May 30 2008, 09:40 PM, said in Plug underway announcement:

i love it. if you need any help putting it all together or with mission bits PM me. šŸ˜‰
i like the 3rd ship best.

I also have an version of that ship in Iron Man Colours because I finished that ship after watching Iron Man. Before I get to mission bits I wish to better ballance the ships I have and work out some weapon systems, I want a balance but in no way should a battle ship be taken by a fighter. I am considering making battle ships turrets only fire to the sides, large rail guns fire forward, this is a pretty interesting way to fight.
Levels may be a little high in this picture

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Imhotep : 31 May 2008 - 12:48 PM

Very nice modeling. Seems you're doing well on this project. I might be willing to do some helping with the plot or something. I'm not that bad of a plot writer. Just if your interested.

In two weeks I'll be done with school for the summer, so I could apply my Grammar-Nazi Skills and spell/grammar check for you. šŸ™‚

Thank you all for your offers of assistance, I do forsee needing help in the future. I expect that progress will be slow, so some time may pass before cooperation can begin as I still need to figure a rough storyboard. I have a basic idea for an Act I of the story, but the rest is in the air.

this looks like it's going to be excellent! keep up the good work.

like the story btw.