Continueing on? [old topic]

not much activity...

Is it just me or have almost none of the recent plugs having any progress on them? EV Renegade? Homeworld? (I'd say Arpia2 but we know what the answer is...) If I'm just missing the action could you tell me where I could find it? Thanks...

A lot of this stuff is vaporware. Oh, they say it isn't, or it's going slow or whatever, but they end up never finishing the stuff. If you want to find the Unupdated websites for those TC's, just google them along with
"EV " or "Nova", and they should come up.

Ours is still going. And Incogitor, stop pointing fingers at the TC developers, please. We have more important things to do than update our websites, and sometimes we don't have anyone on the team who is even capable of updating the site. Plus a TC is a hard thing to do, and sometimes the developers have more pressing issues, so they aren't able to finish a project that they won't even get payed for. We do this because we want to, thanks, not because we're obligated to.

He's got a point, you know.

EDIT: That is, Alpha has a point, not Incognito.

This post has been edited by Warlord Mike : 14 November 2006 - 11:57 PM

EVN Firefly is in a lull, maybe one misn text per week at the moment. It surges every now and then.

@1purevengeance1, on Nov 15 2006, 03:41 AM, said in Continueing on? [old topic]:

(I'd say Arpia2 but we know what the answer is...)

😄

A hoax! A hoax!

So, you started playing EVN when, 'purevengance'? You've been working on what for how long? I don't think that anyone owes you an explanation.

SS is very much active.

@incogitor, on Nov 14 2006, 08:46 PM, said in Continueing on? [old topic]:

A lot of this stuff is vaporware. Oh, they say it isn't, or it's going slow or whatever, but they end up never finishing the stuff. If you want to find the Unupdated websites for those TC's, just google them along with
"EV " or "Nova", and they should come up.

I really doubt I could respond such ignorance in the method I'd like without getting suspended for a few days.

Colosseum TC is still going. I've released a tiny teaser for it, but it still is not on the addons page. Also, I'm now actively looking for graphics and sound guys, now that I have something to show that it will happen.

Oh...there are quite a few still going...I'm not denying that. And it does take a while to develop a plug in. However, you WILL find a lot of stuff out there that looks cool, but after you spend a few months trying to learn how the stuff is progressing you find that it will not come out. I've played EV since the original Macintosh version (I was very young, and still relatively am) I enjoy playing and messing with the game to make some of the things different each time I play. Even though I have made stupid comments, let know one doubt my loyalty.

Sorry if I offended anyone... I didn't meen to get people angry around here.

I know Arpia 2 is going very well but I havent seen any progress (because you want a serprise!) I didn't meen to seem like I was attacking the people who are doing these massive undertakings into Nova, but I guess it might have come out that way. Also the answer to the how long I've played and what have I done part, I've played since the original game just like a lot of other people and I've only made stuff using other people's graphics so I didn't release them.

Once again, I'm sorry for anoying the community!

Me too.

No worries. I am sorry if I sounded too angry. I was just making some points.

Pure Vengeance has a right to an explanation thankyouverymuch. Just as much as Incogitor has. Don't worry, you didn't do anything wrong. Incogitor is actually more right than we like to think, but most vaporware has been vaporwared already, and most of the stuff now is getting done. I don't think anyone denies that their stuff is vapor when it is.

Oh dangit. I just made the epic accidental gravedig of the century. :laugh: 😊 Wow. All cower at my n00bliness! LOL. I followed a link to this topic from a profile view, so I didn't see the date. Epic fail on my part.

We're still chugging away, thank you very much :).

@ue_research---development, on May 7 2008, 05:02 AM, said in Continueing on? [old topic]:

We're still chugging away, thank you very much :).

How about retribution? 😛 It was supposed to be done before fatal alliance, another crusty old plug that has been dead for years and only I remember.

It had the coolest idea ever, the Voinians and the Igadzra teaming up. That, logically thinking (too logically!) the Igadzra arent evil I dont care about... The Igadzra shields and Voinian armor! Oo la laa! The challenge of a lifetime! And the UE had the biggest challenge ever. Suddenly Voinians werent weak anymore (weak enough to be contained); they werent reasonably good at best (my opinion; there is really powerful parts about them like huge weapon space and really weak parts like no guided weapons and totally non-existent shields (??) )And then they team up with the Miranu (or was it that way? I only saw the huge amounts of mission texts to be corrected and never saw the newest 140 pages of text... I would have liked to see them, because it could have been more interesting because it was new and maybe it would have the continued the story... I would have liked to see the story continued after mission 21, so I could have continued (reading) the fathers story; it sorta left me in a cliffhanger. Well, okay, not a cliffhanger, but I would have liked to continue the story anyways. )

Oh, dont you just love run-on sentences inside a ( ) ? I invented the first run-on sencetence inside a ). Whee! LOL. But I know you wont mind it- you will just read as usual. The plug was so interesting I would give you anything to get just a developer version of it- that is, the one you had. I would be interested in even it- a incomplete developer version! And still am. Can I have it? After all, I was your spell-checker 😛 So how is the state of Fatal Alliance? I didnt say much about retribution, and wrote paragraphs of the aforementioned, because I never cared about retribution. It was the only thing in the way of the plug I really cared about.

So yeah, I am really happy if you answer both, especially Retribution, because it was my original question and stands in the way of the plug I really like. A short joke question about Retribution turned to my epic-length posts... interesting...

@general-cade-smart, on May 7 2008, 08:24 AM, said in Continueing on? [old topic]:

How about retribution? 😛 It was supposed to be done before fatal alliance, another crusty old plug that has been dead for years and only I remember.

It had the coolest idea ever, the Voinians and the Igadzra teaming up. That, logically thinking (too logically!) the Igadzra arent evil I dont care about... The Igadzra shields and Voinian armor! Oo la laa! The challenge of a lifetime! And the UE had the biggest challenge ever. Suddenly Voinians werent weak anymore (weak enough to be contained); they werent reasonably good at best (my opinion; there is really powerful parts about them like huge weapon space and really weak parts like no guided weapons and totally non-existent shields (??) )And then they team up with the Miranu (or was it that way? I only saw the huge amounts of mission texts to be corrected and never saw the newest 140 pages of text... I would have liked to see them, because it could have been more interesting because it was new and maybe it would have the continued the story... I would have liked to see the story continued after mission 21, so I could have continued (reading) the fathers story; it sorta left me in a cliffhanger. Well, okay, not a cliffhanger, but I would have liked to continue the story anyways. )

Oh, dont you just love run-on sentences inside a ( ) ? I invented the first run-on sencetence inside a ). Whee! LOL. But I know you wont mind it- you will just read as usual. The plug was so interesting I would give you anything to get just a developer version of it- that is, the one you had. I would be interested in even it- a incomplete developer version! And still am. Can I have it? After all, I was your spell-checker 😛 So how is the state of Fatal Alliance? I didnt say much about retribution, and wrote paragraphs of the aforementioned, because I never cared about retribution. It was the only thing in the way of the plug I really cared about.

So yeah, I am really happy if you answer both, especially Retribution, because it was my original question and stands in the way of the plug I really like. A short joke question about Retribution turned to my epic-length posts... interesting...

Wow... That was a grand amount of... Something...

I see that this topic was unearthed by mistake and I do wish it would stay dead. Arpia II has come out and new, kool ideas for TC's are here also that are going very well.

Once again I just want to repeat I didn't want to offend anyone here when I posted this.

If you want you can help me in the "Need help making plug for friend" topic I've made. All help is welcomed.

PS: Everyone who has made a plug and posted it before, thanks!