WTF Happened to Archon?

:hector_bird: :hector_bird: :hector_bird: :hector_bird: :hector_bird: :hector_bird:

Just had to get that out of my system. Epic win.

Just wanted to stick my head back in for anybody wondering "What happened to Archon?" I'm around again after having had a minor fiasco at college (don't worry, it's nothing really serious, just a pain in the ass). So I'll be dropping in again from time to time to give updates and see how things are going.

As for an Anathema update:

I'm alpha-testing Anathema v1.2 at the moment, although it's actually HUGE for a patch in terms of the number of unseens that it tweaks. Basically, I had to redo the way the plug tracks what ship the player owns to free up more ΓΆutf resources, so there's tons of room for things to go wrong. But hopefully a few weeks will have it ready for release.

Chapter 3 development is on hold until the patch comes out. I'm at a bit of an impasse in that I'm at point X and know I need to get to point Z and just have no idea how to do it. Plus, once v1.2 comes out, I'll still need to redo all the mission IDs in chapter 3 so that I can consolidate them into one plug.

I don't want to leave you all empty-handed, so I'll upload a few new shots for you.

Hmm, what could this be?
The Helios Missile, a nasty little burst-fire highly accurate seeker.
The Triton Rocket, a multiple submunition dummy rocket. (Watch out for it; it'll eat your children)
Hmm, these new seeker weapons seem to imply some sort of new gunship. Oh, here it is.
And finally, Archon's first foray into the world of abstract Photoshoping.

I'll try to keep things up-to-date here. Sorry for the unexplained absence, but I hope I'll be able to get the update out in a few weeks and then get back cracking on Chapter 3.

This post has been edited by Archon : 09 April 2008 - 11:41 PM

Jaw meet floor.

Nice pictures!!! :wub: :wub:

Indeed, that looks GREAT! πŸ†’

Those are stunning.

I can't wait to try the gunship. and the carrier looks amazing. :wub: :wub:

This post has been edited by of doom : 10 April 2008 - 10:11 AM

One word: Nice!

Archon! I downloaded your Anathema teaser and episode 2 recently but I can't seem to start the missions. i used the included pilot files but it still doesn't work =/ For the teaser, the one I was trying to play most recently, I start up EVN with the plug-in the folder and I start up the included pilot and he isn't done with the fed storyline. What's the deal?

phoenixfire you need to accept mission dominate univesrse or something and then go to vrenna

@of-doom, on Apr 10 2008, 05:17 PM, said in WTF Happened to Archon?:

phoenixfire you need to accept mission dominate univesrse or something and then go to vrenna

I accepted the mission but somehow I missed the part where I have to go to Vienna, I'll do that next time I play, thanks!

Also, I forgot to say it last time, but I love the pictures! I'm pumped for your release, really looking forward to it πŸ™‚ Keep up the good work!

Thanks!

:hector_bird: :hector_bird: :hector_bird: hehehehe

Who's Archon? πŸ˜„

On a completely unrelated note, can we have our grinny-faces back? Only it looks a bit silly using Hector's head as an emote.

Edit: Wait, the grinny-face worked. Now I is all confuzzled.

This post has been edited by Belthazar : 10 April 2008 - 08:24 PM

May I beta-test? Pretty please?

I guarantee that not only will I report every tiny bug I find in detail, I will also do my best to fix the bugs I find as well. Cosmic Nusiance and Terek E. Ban could vouch for me. I still have my own private stable version of Nebula D.O.A. that is bug-free.

@belthazar, on Apr 11 2008, 01:19 AM, said in WTF Happened to Archon?:

Who's Archon? πŸ˜„

On a completely unrelated note, can we have our grinny-faces back? Only it looks a bit silly using Hector's head as an emote.

I know, I just had to get it out of my system. :hector_bird: Oops, I mean :laugh:. :rolleyes: OK I'm done.

As for Geek's question, when Chapter 3 beta rolls around, I'll put up a signup on these forums. That'll be a while though. However, you're guaranteed a spot if you want it since you made some sound effects for chapter 2 (even though they weren't used).

Edit: I should also mention that v1.2 will also include a few balance tweaks, the largest being addressing the defense/free mass issue faced by the Titan. 100 extra free tons at the cost of a chunk of shields and armor (since I've had a lot of people comment on it's low weapons space) and greater balance between weapons (damage/second/ton for each one has been calculated out).

Unfortunately, when I changed the Charon Torpedo to 1 ton prior to the release of chapter 2, I forgot to halve its damage as well, so they will be reduced to half damage.

This post has been edited by Archon : 11 April 2008 - 12:32 AM

Thanks for the guarantee! πŸ™‚

You can still use the sounds in the next chapter... πŸ™‚

WhooooIEEE! Very nice! I'm impressed, Archie! That's one nice ship.

Hey there, Archon...

Just something minor that bugs me about some of your hardwired changes, to some stock Nova Fed outfits. It's actually possible to end up having more Anacondas than Vipers, currently, due to your re-shaping of the Fed fighter bays. Also, when compared to the Auroran fighter bays, which take up a tiny bit more space (and used to carry a higher total of fighters to the Fed equivelents), it just seems a bit, um, off. I don't mean to impose too much, it's just I just noticed that some of these fighter bay tweaks seemed to have caused a sort unbalancing cascade.

On the other hand, I can certainly live with what you've done to the Hellhounds, and other heavy missiles. I also like what you've done with the rest of the expansion to the Bureau campaign. I find it to be nicely written and well thought out, and a fitting addition to the stock campaign.