Background Sounds

SpacePirate's method?

I remember that SpacePirate had a method for creating background music (or background sounds, which is what I'm looking to do), but I can't remember if it was any different than Eugene Chin's method, and I can't remember it. It's linked to in the Cool Nova Hacks thread, but the link to the plug is broken. Does anyone remember the method or have the file that isn't around on the link anymore?

The original topic was here: Link

You haven't gone diving through Arpia II yet, I see? It has background music in multiple places, it shouldn't be too hard to find them if you have played through it.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 09 March 2008 - 12:57 PM

You're right, I didn't even think of checking through Arpia II. Is that the same method?

You mean in-flight music? I've got a couple ways to do it, not sure what's been done before.

flips through topics on BGM

No, it isn't, I don't think. The BGM in Arpia II starts after you close a window for a mission, and it will continue to play as you fly through space. With that information in mind, I think it uses Eugene Chin's BGM method. Sorry.

Space Pirate's BGM Example Plug.

Not sure why there are multiple layers of zipping and binning in this, but everything should be there.

Share and Enjoy! 😄

Edit: FYI, it's about a 2.5 MB download.

This post has been edited by Dr. Trowel : 10 March 2008 - 01:13 PM

Dr. Trowel saves the day again!

Glad you have it. I'll check it out.

Working great. Awesome way to do it. I wonder, would it be a good idea to remove the "alert" sound from the files and perhaps have some other sort of alert system? Or is there a way to modify this method so that the alert sound doesn't fire up in this case (like a "doesn't alert player when hostile" flag?)

It would be pretty spiff to have a custom alert sound. Why did I never think of this? Good idea.