More problems

Need help from ship resource developers

You may have noticed when I released my Corvette plug. Well, a while ago I got an email from someone saying he couldn't get non-plug outfits with it. I've worked for weeks trying to figure out why, and I can't. Any help?

There's a contribute bit in the ship file that you forgot to set. I can't remember exactly which bit it is, but if you look at the ship file for the shuttle in EVN it should have that bit set. If that bit isn't set you won't be able to buy outfits in Nova.

Edit: Nice guy that I am, I looked it up for you. It should be bit 5A. Set that bit in the Contribute field in your ship file and you should be good to go.

This post has been edited by Shlimazel : 30 January 2008 - 01:54 PM

Uh, couldn't find a contribute field...
You mean in the ship resource, right?

This post has been edited by Sponge Tom : 31 January 2008 - 08:01 PM

Yep. I'm not sure which program you're using, but if it's EVNEW, you'll find the Contribute field in the second column of the shďp resource dialogue box, about a quarter of the way down. For the record, EVNEW calls the required bit "Bit 1" (not 5A - that's specific to some other plugin editing program).

This post has been edited by Belthazar : 31 January 2008 - 09:38 PM

I'm using Mission Computer 333. Should I download the new one?

No, that version should be just fine. Yes, it is in the ship resource. If I get a chance I'll take a picture of it so you can see what I mean.

@belthazar, on Jan 31 2008, 09:37 PM, said in More problems:

not 5A - that's specific to some other plugin editing program

Both NovaTools and MissionComputer use this grid convention — I’m a bit surprised Aprosenf invented a different one for EVNEW.

Sponge Tom: 3.3.3 will work for you, or you could try the 4.0 testing version available from this forum, which has a full editor for shďp resources.

@david-arthur, on Feb 3 2008, 07:42 AM, said in More problems:

Both NovaTools and MissionComputer use this grid convention

Well there you go. For some reason, I don't think I ever knew that...

I’m a bit surprised Aprosenf invented a different one for EVNEW.

Possibly he was unaware of it. I mean, it's not like he could have opened up a copy of MC and compared the two. Not without an emulator, anyway. And it doesn't really seem to me as the type of thing that would come up in normal conversation. 🙂

Okay, thanks guys. I found it. I don't know why I didn't see it before, but it worked.

Certainly.