Just Out of Curiosity...

I remember that maybe a year ago, Pace wanted to know if there was a way he could put fighter bay limits on his ships. This was easy enough to do with tokens, but they would only affect ships that the player bought, not ones they already had. Did anybody ever figure out how to do this? Because if not, I think I just did.

@archon, on Jan 29 2008, 03:39 PM, said in Just Out of Curiosity...:

I remember that maybe a year ago, Pace wanted to know if there was a way he could put fighter bay limits on his ships. This was easy enough to do with tokens, but they would only affect ships that the player bought, not ones they already had. Did anybody ever figure out how to do this? Because if not, I think I just did.

how?

Check out ARPIA2 Data 1 & 2 for my implementation of one solution (suggested by a number of people).

Group ships by how many fighter bays they are to carry, and assign each group a Contribute bit (e.g., say Carachnor and Fed Carrier both get 4, so they have the same bit). Make an outfit that does nothing and is invisible, which we'll call o500. Then, make a series of cröns. Each crön will correspond to a particular bay capacity, so one for ships with 0 slots, one for those with 1, to upper limit. Each of these cröns will only fire under the condition that the corresponding Require bit is active and the player !o500. Each crön will then grant the proper number of fighter bay tokens and o500. Finally, you make every ship come with the proper number of tokens and o500. The fighter bays, of course, can only be bought if the player has a token, and upon selling a bay, the player gets the token back.

Also, you could make the crön delete all fighter bays and fighters the player has. Since cröns only run at the start of the day (like when leaving the planet), the player could land sell the bays, thereby avoiding loss of money.

Anyways, sorry if you all managed to work this out months ago, but I didn't remember seeing anybody post a solution, so I figured I'd put it out there.

(edit) Pace posted while I was typing. Guess it's not really news. 😞

It's kind of difficult to tell without a bit bible, and I'm actually not even sure if I have the newest version. I'll just take your word that it works though.

Nice use of the word "bis," by the way. 🙂

This post has been edited by Archon : 29 January 2008 - 05:24 PM

If it isn't there already, stick it in the Cool Nova Hacks thread!