përs

I would like 2 përs to show up in the same s˙st all the time. Is this possible?

Where the system data contains pers and dude appearance settings, add two perses and set them to very high percentages.

I thought the % had to add up to 100 and if it went over things would go funky in the system...

@sp3cies, on Jan 3 2008, 08:54 PM, said in përs:

I thought the % had to add up to 100 and if it went over things would go funky in the system...

I'm fairly sure that the dudes have to add up to 100%. Pers can add up to anything.
Make both pers 100% and see what happens.
If it crashes, hey I was wrong. 😉

I doubt that it would crash it. It doesn't when the düdes percentages don't quite add up.

In the dude and fleet resources, percentages have to add up I believe. In the system resource, no. That just indicates the odds of said dude or pers showing up. Setting all appearances to low will make a system look pretty empty, whereas all high values can make it seem busy.

All right so I tried to set the % really high for both përs. I set 100% for both përs first and only the first one showed up. So I tried 90% on both, the first one shows up 90% like it should but the second one only shows up 10%.
I just realized that I S7evyn had lots of përs flying around all the time so I'm going to go check it out to see if I can figure out how they did that.

I'm not sure but have you got any düdes in the system? Or average number of ships set to 2 or more?

The average number of ships is 6 or so and there are a number of düdes in that system. It's a war zone there needs to be a certain amount of activity. I just want two special ships that are always guarding the system.
Hmm so I checked out the specs for S7evyn and the përs in it and they are all set to like 80 and stuff so I'm pretty lost on how to do this. I spose I will just have to have one system guardian.

@sp3cies, on Jan 4 2008, 06:43 AM, said in përs:

All right so I tried to set the % really high for both përs. I set 100% for both përs first and only the first one showed up. So I tried 90% on both, the first one shows up 90% like it should but the second one only shows up 10%.

Just to check the obvious, have you started a new pilot file since creating the new përs? përs resources that didn’t exist when you created your pilot file never appear, because the game has marked them ‘dead’.

Yeah, I have actually modified the chär cause I am making a new pilot every time I open Nova.

Weird. I've gotten it to work. In Colosseum there's one system where two rival perses tend to fight each other and their teams.

Nothing has to add up. You kids have got it easy. Back in my day, when you made an Escape Velocity plug-in, you made an Escape Velocity plug-in!