did i imagine it?

a shan weapon alignment tool

I think i was reading here someone using some tool to align the weapon points to the shans for the ships but i could have been dreaming it. Does it exist?

NovaTools allows you to preview the placement of your weapon exit points, taking into account coordinates and compression.

excellent, now if only i could find a novatools that worked properly on my OSX 10.3.9

@lostpinky, on Dec 9 2007, 04:37 PM, said in did i imagine it?:

excellent, now if only i could find a novatools that worked properly on my OSX 10.3.9

ResEdit and therefore NovaTools work quite effectively under Classic ย— itย’s the Intel users (and those who have for some reason put 10.5 on their PowerPC Macintoshes) that are in trouble.

For some reason? Why wouldn't you put 10.5 on a PPC? ๐Ÿ˜›

10.5 doesn't support Classic.

Pft, that's hardly an excuse :rolleyes:

@guy, on Dec 10 2007, 12:22 AM, said in did i imagine it?:

For some reason? Why wouldn't you put 10.5 on a PPC? ๐Ÿ˜›

Simple. 10.5 gets you most of the disadvantages of an Intel Macintosh, with none of the advantages. Why give up backward-compatibility if they arenย’t giving you anything in return?

Because 10.5 gives a lot in return. Like much better performance ๐Ÿ™‚

@geek, on Dec 10 2007, 12:53 AM, said in did i imagine it?:

10.5 doesn't support Classic.

If you make a partition and install os9 on it, you can still boot into os9 directly, depending on your comp.

@guy, on Dec 10 2007, 03:04 PM, said in did i imagine it?:

Because 10.5 gives a lot in return. Like much better performance ๐Ÿ™‚

@lnsu, on Dec 10 2007, 10:35 PM, said in did i imagine it?:

If you make a partition and install os9 on it, you can still boot into os9 directly, depending on your comp.

Ooh. That's a good idea, actually. Hmm.

You don't have to make a partition though it is nice to keep it separate.

@guy, on Dec 11 2007, 04:38 PM, said in did i imagine it?:

You don't have to make a partition though it is nice to keep it separate.

If you don't partition it, you can't change at startup by holding down the option key. You have to use startup disk control panel/system pref.

@lnsu, on Dec 11 2007, 08:55 PM, said in did i imagine it?:

If you don't partition it, you can't change at startup by holding down the option key. You have to use startup disk control panel/system pref.

...so?

Well it is quite handy to be able to that...

I liked shipwrite back when I was on mac... but that was when there wasn't anything good for nova specifically and I'd port the final product to nova...