Nebula: D.O.A.

Reverse the sprite? Then the ship would move backwards?

No- the weapon sprite.

Wow. Sounds like fun. Backwards flying! Yeeeha!

NO! The weapon's sprite!!! NOT the ship's sprite!!! 😄

@zapp, on Sep 10 2007, 02:46 PM, said in Nebula: D.O.A.:

I had found a bug and was going to report it (more of an... oh I remember now because I had forgotten). It's not a bug, per say, but it's more of a balancing issue. I just captured me a PVIV from my Fed Destroyer, and went to deck it out with stuff from New Sparta. Guess what? The Compound Steel weighed 1 ton, making it take up 5 tons and give me 2500 bonus armor and who knows how much ion protection. I could probably go up against a fleet of Manticores and not get ionized once. Just wanted to point that out, though it probably is my favorite outfit of the plug 😄

It's fixed in the version I'm workng on. I'll upload it soon.

800th post!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Almost 100 posts today!

You could just use rear-swivel cannon firing point and the sprites will face backwards as well (actually, never tested to see if they face the right way or not when using the work around, my flames don't have a right direction). You really should only use the work around if you have a weapon that wouldn't make sense to be swivable, such as my Flame Exhaust's. You can't modify your existing engines to fire in a 90° arc without changing your direction. Nor would it make much sense to have a fixed-rear firing cannon, that'd be impractically hard to aim in realistic terms.

Additionally, the A.I. won't know how to use the work-around built weapon, so it'd have to be a player-only weapon.

@geek, on Sep 11 2007, 07:11 PM, said in Nebula: D.O.A.:

Wow. Sounds like fun. Backwards flying! Yeeeha!

Monty Python'ers rejoice! :laugh:

Woah. I need to add that...

adds

Kidding. It's not going in Nebula, anyway.

I wanted my 1,000th post to be in my topic, so here goes:

1,000!!!!!!!!!(/b)
OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!1!!!1!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!**

Okay, I'll congradulate you. What the heck.

CONGRADULATIONS!

Well Cosmic, you're prolly gonna pass me now, but just remember, post count doesn't amount to wisdom or knowledge or experience 😉

Yeah, it's your join date that does. 😛

Amen, Josh, amen. I have no ambitions to be greater than you. Because you're making Colosseum. Mentioning it just made me get all excited. Stupid clay.

When did I say I had more experience? Oh, I get it. It's obvious because I am surrounded by an aura of experience of wisdom and everybody notices it and thus tries to convince themselves otherwise. Gocha. 😉

Also, I lurked around here for about a year, if that counts for anything.

That still puts me ahead of you 😄

Say, I'm just curious but how is nebula coming? It's in beta, right?

Pretty good. Almost done. 🙂

Good!

Can I have a pre-release package? 🙂