Nebula: D.O.A.

Major scare today. The flash drive that I keep all my work on went missing. :blink: I found it, luckily. I am fixing the (hopefully) last few bugs today.

RE-LEASE! RE-LEASE!

Good Job! You Are Nearing A Final Version! For Prize, Press One!
----

I am fixing the (hopefully) last few bugs today.

Excellant! So, when is the release date going to be?

Hopefully this time next week. Maybe sooner, depending how much access to the computer I have. I didn't get too much done last week because it was so crazy.

Hopefully this time next week. Maybe sooner

Fantastic! Good job, I'm looking forward to finding the time to play it.

@shlimazel, on Sep 22 2007, 04:24 PM, said in Nebula: D.O.A.:

I'm looking forward to finding the time to play it.

I love how that's worded. :laugh:

Still working on it. Not as much, though. Bug squashing is boring, and I want to start work on High Tide... No worries, though. I WILL finish it.

@cosmic_nusiance, on Sep 22 2007, 03:01 PM, said in Nebula: D.O.A.:

Major scare today. The flash drive that I keep all my work on went missing. :blink: I found it, luckily. I am fixing the (hopefully) last few bugs today.

Make backups. MAKE BACKUPS! Make sure your backups are kept on separate drives/media devices, and are kept in different places.

A slight delay, folks. I usually get most of the stuff done on weekends, what with school and all, but yesterday morning my dad went to St. Augustine (a three hour drive) and spent last night there. He took the flash drive and the laptop. Maybe next week... <_< Sometimes I worry I'm catching the ARPIA virus. :unsure: It'll be out soon.

Maybe the week before next. That would be good....

Ugh. I hate bugs and fixes. I haven't been able to work on fixes for the last few weeks, but I'll release this if it's the last thing I do! I'm not too happy with the amount of the story in D.O.A., but bear with me. It will get better. The first one is mostly a small foundation that probably doesn't quite live up to your expectations after this long wait (busy busy busy). Anyway, I'll try and get this completed by this month.

Yahoo! Progress! Can I have a new version soon? 🙂

By request of Cosmic, I will soon be taking over the development of Nebula D.O.A. to finish the beta.

Cosmic, I need any related files you haven't sent me, and I might need help with a few outfits...

@archon, on Aug 9 2007, 11:52 PM, said in Nebula: D.O.A.:

I totally agree with you about the storyline of the Fed string focusing too much on "go here go here go here go here" and not enough on "kill this kill this kill this." I've actually been planning a plugin that would start you out as a lowly fighter or scoutship pilot and focus on moving up in military ranks as opposed to the behind the scenes approach of the cannon story.

:cough: Splutter :cough: 😛

@edward-isaac-ghost, on Oct 19 2007, 09:35 PM, said in Nebula: D.O.A.:

:cough: Splutter :cough: 😛

Actually, ours are both QUITE different, as you'll see when I finish High Tide and Archon releases the newest Anathema. Thanks to Geek, who is temporarily taking the position of Bug Fixer Guy™ while I work on Big Important ThingsŽ in Real Life™.

I shoulda promoted myself sooner! I think I've fixed the major bugs, and I will be testing it... Cosmic, please PM me a list of your other testers, so I can get them my updates when I'm finished with them...

UPDATE: I have squashed all the bugs, and have confirmed that my fixes do work. I am now in the hopefully quick process of fine-tuning the plug, and adding some features to improve it. I could use some graphics help for an easter egg idea that Cosmic has approved. If anyone wants to help, please PM me.

UPDATE: Thanks for offering to help, 0101181920. However, I can't send you PMs! So please PM me your email

Warlord Mike, Zapp, and egrog (think I spelled that right), I will have an update for you guys to download soon.

downloads to give final suggestions before OKing final minus the easter egg graphics

Okay everyone, I have a question. How do I keep a system invisible and inaccessible,, then make it appear right after accepting a mission? That way, when I take off, the formerly invisible system is now on my map and red-flagged? So far, my attempts make the system visible only after traveling to an adjacent system, which isn't helpful when you don't know where to go.

This post has been edited by Geek : 20 October 2007 - 09:38 PM

Using bits and the visibility field. For instance, if you want syst X to be only accessible after misn Y is completed, then use a bit that activates on success of said mission and put that into the visibility field. It should work. But you might be able to shoot a player into an unacessible system using hypergates, wormholes and I think it's the "x" operator to move the player... yeah.

Note: You could pretty much use anything testable for the visibility field. You could use some interesting outfits to allow jumping into systems. Like "buying" system coordinates. I so copyright this idea by the way, haha. But you're free to use it 😉

EDIT: Very important thing popped in my head, if it replaces an existing system, you have to make the replaced system's visibility check false when it is replaced, to keep them mutually exclusive or it could lead to much inconvenience as to where you end up after jumping, haha.

This post has been edited by Mumbling Psycho : 20 October 2007 - 10:02 PM