Nebula: D.O.A.

You call this long departed? Try leaving for a year. I've actually been checking in (wouldn't want to miss the release of Colosseum like I missed the beta sign-ups, eh?), though not posting.

So, when do we get it? Huh? Huh?

drools

I'll shoot for 6 PM. (I have school too, ya know)

Oh, on the teesy chance that I can't use the Laptop before 6, I'll set a midnight release.

Looks like I'll have to do it midnight tonight. My dad had a meeting or something, and he's getting back later than I thought. Pop a Red Bull and rev your computer!

Excuse me, Cosmic Nusiance, but what timezone are you in?

Sorry, I should have said. I'm on eastern time.

It's out!

Here is the Mac link.

And Windows.

Enjoy!

Also, special thanks to Geek, for helping me get this far.

It was fun. 🙂

Update your website. 🙂

EDIT: After Nebula becomes famous and legendary, i'll auction off my dev version on eBay 😛

EDIT2: Should the readme have more in it?

This post has been edited by Geek : 01 November 2007 - 12:44 AM

Any way you could get a .zip out for windows users. Stuffit isn't a native (or whatever you call programs that are built in) program and some of the newer versions of it actually don't work as advertised on XP.

Other then that congradulations, and i look forward to playing your plug

This post has been edited by CrazySteve : 01 November 2007 - 12:55 AM

This ReadMe is no ReadMe. The ReadMe should contain many more things, such as installation instructions. Also, you just need one version, for both Mac & Windows.
Try reading this topic and the Guide it refers to.

Yeah, sorry about the readme. It was ten till and I had forgotten what the window was open for. :rolleyes: I'll get a better one uploaded.

I'm submitting a version with a proper ReadMe to the addons directory.

Here it is for those who have already downloaded it:

Attached File ReadMe.rtf (2.04K)
Number of downloads: 18

@crazysteve, on Nov 1 2007, 01:54 AM, said in Nebula: D.O.A.:

Any way you could get a .zip out for windows users. Stuffit isn't a native (or whatever you call programs that are built in) program and some of the newer versions of it actually don't work as advertised on XP.

Other then that congradulations, and i look forward to playing your plug

Unfortunately, it is impossible to encode a plugin as .zip, as it will not work on windows. Something about destroying the resource fork or something. Soon I will get the Plugin Archiver and encode it as .bin.zip, but I can't do anything as of yet.

@cosmic_nusiance, on Nov 1 2007, 09:51 AM, said in Nebula: D.O.A.:

Something about destroying the resource fork or something.

Oh. That explains a problem I've been having...

@cosmic_nusiance, on Nov 1 2007, 11:51 AM, said in Nebula: D.O.A.:

Unfortunately, it is impossible to encode a plugin as .zip, as it will not work on windows. Something about destroying the resource fork or something. Soon I will get the Plugin Archiver and encode it as .bin.zip, but I can't do anything as of yet.

There should be no problem encoding a Windows plug as .zip; unlike Mac plugs, the .rez PC-plug format has no resource fork. Submitting the plug in .rez should be just as good as submitting a Mac plug, so long as you have a link in your readme to a plug converter that runs on Mac (this one, for instance).

.bin.zip is only necessary for Mac plugs. For those, Plugin Archiver is the easy way to go. Why wait on getting it? It's right here!

Hm. It doesn't explain the issue then. After reading the plugin distribution guide, though, I do understand, as I've been using the Finder "create archive" command.

Ion Engines? Dude, come on.

Why? It's real and effecient.

Here's how they work:
Posted Image

And yes, they are blue.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Cosmic_Nusiance : 01 November 2007 - 03:56 PM

However, the maneuvering capabilities displayed on these fictional spacecraft are very much unlike ion engine technology in the real world, as real world ion engines produce low acceleration. To compensate for this, Ion thrusters are operated over several hours to months to provide the desired change in velocity.

Ion engines are primitive technology compared to the rest of the Novaverse. I would expect that the Federation knows how to make them. They also have low acceleration. Your ion engine equipped ships do not have low acceleration.

You know those systems in and around the new nebula? None of them have sensor interference or murk. You may want to fix that.