Idea

Bear with me here...

How's this for a TC? Ares. I did a search, and someone brought up the fact that Ares doesn't have enough info about it's universe to make a plug out of. What you have to take into account is that where there's no data, there's room to make it up, since you can't disprove it. Anyway, I wanted to see what TCAL (the community at large) thinks. I am busy with Nebula at the moment, but I am thinking about unveiling my Formerly Top Secret plugin production "company" that worked a little on Nebula and is planning work on things like my Marathon TC etc.

I'm the Dictator-for-Life of said company 😄

@zapp, on Oct 4 2007, 10:32 PM, said in Idea:

I'm the Dictator-for-Life of said company 😄

No! I wanna be that! You can be president!

Hahaha. I'm the most powerful. I write everything, even the laws! I therefore name myself Supreme Potentate Number 1, and Cosmic and Zapp are equally-ranked underlings.

I luvit when a plan comes together...

I'm still Dictator and Tyrant, BTW (or did hobbes say King and Tyrant?).

I like that idea. I played Ares for about 15 minutes, and liked it. I call being the secretary, as the secretary controls the company.

An Ares TC deserves to be made. After all, Ares is where I got my flying skills and was pure awesome in it's own right, enough so that I'd rather see an Ares 2 before a EV4.

As for me doing anything about it, I'm not sure. After Colosseum, I doubt I'm going to undertake any new projects for a couple of months, only doing bug fixes for said TC and anything than sounds simple and amusing to do (such as The Best Plug). After that...I don't know.

I'd play an Ares TC. Heck, if someone else did graphics and writing, I'd help with ships, weapons, outfits, and general plot ideas.

@cosmic_nusiance, on Oct 4 2007, 09:20 PM, said in Idea:

What you have to take into account is that where there's no data, there's room to make it up, since you can't disprove it.

This is very much the right attitude. 😄

But trying to write two TCs and a third major plug.... That could easily be a recipe for triple failure. There are reasons why so few TCs have been completed -- they take a lot of work. Think carefully before splitting your attention.

@dr--trowel, on Oct 5 2007, 09:08 AM, said in Idea:

This is very much the right attitude. 😄

But trying to write two TCs and a third major plug.... That could easily be a recipe for triple failure. There are reasons why so few TCs have been completed -- they take a lot of work. Think carefully before splitting your attention.

Splitting my attention? Heck no! I'm just planning for future projects.

Aries was a favourite game of mine. Pity it doesn't run on 10.4.7...... An Ares TC would be great. IF you could piece together enough info to make a game world.

Only problem is the differences between the EVN and Ares engines.

That's why it would be an Ares TC, not Ares 2. 😉

Any volunteers to help? If I get enough people, I might be able to direct it while still working on Nebula. That's one of the reasons I formed Cut Rate Productions (my "company"). It allows multiple plugins to be worked on at the same time.

I'd help. Might not be constant, but I would. Can't do graphics for the life of me (how do you do textures?), but I have some great weapons, outfit, and ship ideas that I used, but I'd be willing to let them be used for something else.

@0101181920, on Oct 5 2007, 10:29 PM, said in Idea:

I'd help. Might not be constant, but I would. Can't do graphics for the life of me (how do you do textures?), but I have some great weapons, outfit, and ship ideas that I used, but I'd be willing to let them be used for something else.

hires as temporary/official weapon/outfit suggestions guy

I believe it was... checks King and Tyrant Calvin and President and First Tiger Hobbes. But I'm still King and Tyrant. And Supreme Dictator for Life.

Calvin is Supreme Dictator for Life. Hobbes is King and Tyrant.

Hobbes is First Tiger

@geek, on Oct 7 2007, 02:22 AM, said in Idea:

Hobbes is First Tiger

Actually, his full title is "President and First Tiger".