Need original music?

I can make it for you...

Hello everyone,

Inspired by the unemployment thread, I thought I would introduce myself and my skills to the EV community here, as it doesn't really fit in that thread. I'm a music composition & saxophone performance major at Cal State University Northridge with a GPA of 3.98 and winner numerous academic and music awards (see http://www.avartists.com/Resume.html). My goal is to write music for commercial applications, specifically film, television and video games. I feel music plays and integral roll in communicating and enhancing a projects highest artistic goals, and hope to participate in it at the highest professional levels.

Skills: Music composition wide variety of styles, including but not limited to Orchestral, electronic, jazz, rock, pop, etc. Skills in orchestration, notation for live performance, conducting, mixing, sound editing, and sound design. Some experience in script writing and conceptual lyrics.

Examples: To hear my most recent film score, in which I not only wrote the music but co-wrote the script and co-directed the film, visit http://www.fieldsfar....com/final.html (note; the film is still in post production, so forgive the audio quality as we haven't done post sound yet.) You can also explore my current music website at http://www.avartists.com but its a little dated and missing some of my best work. I can email and/or mail my demo CD upon request.

Tools available: A professional music studio running Logic Studio and professional sample libraries. Have access to live musicians if budgeted, including myself on Jazz and classical sax.

Experience: I've written music for numerous student films, and I have recently written original music and done sound design for some short films written and directed by Tim Russ (Star Trek Voyager). Full credit list available upon request. I have one many academic and music awards, including LA Chapter National Academy of Recording Arts Scholar, California arts scholar, and California State University, Northridge "Media Composer of the Year."

Availability: flexible schedule and eager to work!

Thanks for your time, and feedback / criticism is always welcome!

Wow. You're good.
Really, really good.
I consider myself something of a music connoisseur (admittedly, this mostly means I make fun of my friends tastes in music), and your work, both as composer and performer is very, very impressive.

Also, whoever made your website did a fine job. Very slick.

This post has been edited by Otter : 14 September 2007 - 05:11 AM

I listened to "Tempest of the Mind" and generally echo Otter's comments.

You could probably do in Logic in 10 minutes what an non-musical person such as myself could never do.

That being said, my plug-in doesn't really need intro music.

If you end up with budgeted work for a TC or something, then it might just be the first plug-in with a production value above zero dollars.

It was great hearing your music, hope to hear it in EVN one day.

--BP

Very impressive resume and skill. Being a vocal music teacher, I find your composition writing to be of very good quality. Keep up the good work and I hope that you will have an impressive career.

Very nice! Can you do dramatic music? I'm looking for something dramatic and echoing the nova menu music for Nebula: D.O.A.

That was some kind of symphony music unless I'm mistaken. Orchestra music. That might be kind of tricky for one person, although I obviously don't know for sure.

Let me say, that is a great website. Not because of the "interactive" presentation; that's been done plenty. It's great because you managed to do it in a way that actually works seemlessly on Mac Firefox. That is pretty darn rare.

You seem to have a great deal of musical talent. For the moment , EVN Firefly isn't using a terribly large amount of music from outside the series or movie (although it does use a bit). At some later time I might seek out someone to help bring a more unified sound to it, though. Have you done much western-style stuff at all? If/when the time comes, I'd mostly want a diverse sampling of 10-20 second cues, for planet landing sounds.

I played tenor sax. Before. I was alright. It was fun.

That's one nice site you have there. The music you play great ~ not quite to my tastes but it's really well done. I'm really into Coltrane - especially Naima (one of my all time favourite tunes). Hit me up if you need a guitar track layed down.

I just watched "Fields Far Away". Neat. Really neat.