New Project

Hey Alpha, I could help with some writing of storylines (please at least let me proofread) as I do like to write that kinda stuff... here, right off the bat.. lets see...

"As you sit at the bar, sipping your Corellian Whiskey, you feel a furry tap on your shoulder, (let's assume you KNOW Shyriiwook) and, turning around, you are face-to-face with a 600-pound Wookie. He looks at you, as if he is checking your identity, and then he gestures for you to follow and stalks off. You finish your drink and head to the booth that he is not occupying. In his curious language of moans, growls, and barks, he informs you that his name is Lunlocca, and he has a job requiring your... special talents. There is some Glitterstim spice on <travel stellar> that needs to be taken to <return stellar>. This job is paying very well, a lordly 100,000 credits! (or equivalent)"

This would probably be the beginning of a pirate storyline, found in the bar of a certain world.
You can use it if you want, or if you have a situation, I can probably do better.

I dont have any pirate storyline, but I am doing a smuggler side storyline, and I find that to be perfect: Your hired!

I would reply to your pm, but for some reason my school computer will have an error when I try to open a seperate replying page, so i am limited to fast reply.

I am doing six storylines: rebel fighter corps, imperial fighter corps, rebel intelligence, imperial intelligence, rebel admiral, and imperial admiral.

Along those six storylines, starting with post-endor, you will be thrust along the eras of x-wing (the nine books by michael a. stackpole and aaron alston), face off against or fight with the genius of Grand Admiral Thrawn, witness the reign of the clones of the Emperor and his eclipse class super star destroyers, and help defend the galaxy against the threat of the Yoo-Zhan-Vong Aliens from another galaxy.

I do not own the books that concern the Emperors clones or the Yoo-Zhan-Vong, so I will be concentrating of the first half for a while.

I wish to fill in at least half of the available mission, but I hope to fill in all 1000 of them.

again, all help is appreciated!

@alphakiller, on Feb 8 2007, 09:02 AM, said in New Project:

Along those six storylines, starting with post-endor, you will be thrust along the eras of x-wing (the nine books by michael a. stackpole and aaron alston), face off against or fight with the genius of Grand Admiral Thrawn, witness the reign of the clones of the Emperor and his eclipse class super star destroyers, and help defend the galaxy against the threat of the Yoo-Zhan-Vong Aliens from another galaxy.

I do not own the books that concern the Emperors clones or the Yoo-Zhan-Vong, so I will be concentrating of the first half for a while.

I wish to fill in at least half of the available mission, but I hope to fill in all 1000 of them.

again, all help is appreciated!

Hmm.. there could be a problem there: all the books I have are reference, so I don't know those storylines... I can just do stuff that can be easily changed to fit the story.

It will take a while to do any of this, so do what you can.

btw, How do you enter a code in a description that only shows text if a certain bit is set?

IIRC, it's Yuzhan Vong.

a) It's good to know someone who knows a little about star wars (I had only heard of the yuzhan vong, not read about them)

🆒 you want to help with research, captain josh?

I have my own project, Clavius rEVisited, and I'm a member of the SFA team. However, I suppose I can keep an eye on this thread and see how I can help sometimes. I don't really have the kind of time it takes to devote to research for this. I'm far more into Star Trek than I'll ever be in to Star Wars, which is why I'm involved with Starfleet Adventures, but every once in a while I happen to know something off the top of my head about Star Wars.

well, thanks anyway.

I have finished outlining the side missions, and I am now working on outlineing the main missions.

just a question: Who really likes this idea?

Well, if it can be done, it has to be better than Smugglers Alliance Expansion, which was horribly unbalanced.

Implementing the Yuuzhan Vong properly is going to be quite a challenge. They don't use shields, they use these little black holes. In order to get past the black holes you have to use insane amounts of firepower or trickery.

They really aren't possible to implement correctly under the Nova engine. There was never any provision made for dovin basals in Nova. chuckles

I think for the yuuzhan vong I will make it so they have a small amount of shields, but an impossibly high amount of shield recharge. Once you lose a couple fleets, you get this upgrade available that makes your lasers go through the yuuzhan vong 'shields'. The story is that with stutterfire, your lasers are in either ultra-low or ultra-high frequencies, so when you get the stutterfire upgrade, then a bit is set that yuuzhan vong ships without shields appear instead of the ones with shields.

anybody see anything wrong with this idea?

This post has been edited by AlphaKiller : 15 February 2007 - 11:03 AM

You'll need to increase the armor on the ships that appear without shields. Even without Dovin Basal protection, Vong ships are hard to kill.

Hey you know what? You should just read every Star Wars novel written about the eras you are putting into this TC. Then you'll know everything you need to know ^_^

Im working on it. I've read 4 of the x-wing novels, own 2 more, and the last 3 are in the mail, while i have read the three thrawn books, and i have a very trusted source who has read most of the others, so I can ask him which books I should look for.

But About the high amount of armor, I was planning on it. They are completely organic, after all.

I was a part of the Star Wars: Kraken Squadron team. I wrote descs for the over 100 ships we were going to use. For a long time now I've wanted to see the effort I put into it pay off in the form of a Star Wars plugin. Maybe if you're lucky Admiral Benden, the leader of that now-ended project, will let you use additional assets, like graphics. Somewhere on my HD lies a big text file with all the descs, so let me know if you want this and how to get it to you. I'm not volunteering to do more work that I haven't already done, though.

Star Wars novel expert here. I'm not really into the comics, but if it's in a Star Wars book, I've probably read it.

I'm too busy to really contribute right now, but I'll be glad to answer any questions you might have.

captain bob: because my internet is broken down at home, you could pm the file to me, I would copy it on to word and put it onto a floppy disc. btw, do you know where to contact admiral benden?

Lindley: As of now, I have no questions, just plans. I have finished reading 1-6 in the x-wing books, with 7-9 in the mail. I may just have questions in the future, so I'll not hesitate to PM to you.

Darn! I can't find it on my hard disk or in my archives. If it's not in cyberspace, it's probably gone. And I'd tried so hard to insure the raw data wouldn't go vaporware. :mad:

Benden's on AIM sometimes under the screenname kitwulfen. I'm assuming he won't mind me sharing that since it is in his member profile. I haven't talked to him in ages, but you can tell him I sent you 🙂

thanks, Ill be sure to get to him if I ever am able to get back on AIM.