New Project

@alphakiller, on Feb 21 2007, 08:40 AM, said in New Project:

thanks, Ill be sure to get to him if I ever am able to get back on AIM.

I use AIM under the name WaladilSurewood. Also, if you can give assignments rather than freelance general for me, I'd prefer that. like say "write a Rebel Storyline with guidelines this, this, and that, and make it 20 missions long.

computer developement has come to a complete halt, as the only moniter I have has decided to quit on me. I am still doing research and desc writing, but it might take much longer than I want it to. Note: do not assume that this will become vaporware, I am still very much dedicated.

Here's a way you can make graphics. All you need is Resedit and Photoshop.

If you really hate drawing, get a top view of your perferred ship off google.
After that, go into photoshop, and make the canvas size N x 6x6 (n being the pitcture)
Paste the pitcure in, and put it to the top right. Then just keep pasting till you have 36
pitures (all facing up)

After that, go into free transform (in the edit menu I think) and rotate the second picture 10 degrees.

paste this pcture into rededit PICT resource (if it's too big, just open the picture in preview and copy it there.

If you didn't understand a word I said: here's a pict of what the finished project should look like:

(attachment=3182:S2_Egobuffer.jpg)

It has to face in the 12o clock postition first remember.

If you have better graphics editors, don't take my advice. It's not my fault i'm stuck with photoshop (sniff).

go look for spinapp on the nova plug-ins page. it does what you do in that time consuming moment, in just a few seconds.

It's not the problem of ship graphics, but of quality. I would prefer nova quality graphics, and the ones I already have are nova quality, but borrowed. This is why I need a 3D graphic artist.

GOOD NEWS!
as you may have guessed from the time of posting, I got both my monitor and my Internet fixed. I am now back in the game.

@alphakiller, on Feb 16 2007, 10:48 AM, said in New Project:

Im working on it. I've read 4 of the x-wing novels, own 2 more, and the last 3 are in the mail, while i have read the three thrawn books, and i have a very trusted source who has read most of the others, so I can ask him which books I should look for.

But About the high amount of armor, I was planning on it. They are completely organic, after all.

There are 2 more books that talk about thrawn that I know of. Basically a cloned royal guard member attempts to have someone impersonate Thrawn, whilst Mara and Luke find a planet with a bunch of Thrawns people on it and underneath the fortress teh people stay in is a clone of Thrawn. Anyways it goes something like that. If you want I can dig up my copies of those 2 books and post the names of them here.

P.S. The Thrawn series is awsome, I heard once that whats his name was gonna make it into episodes 7,8, and 9. But thats probably not happening.

P.S.S Maybe once I have a job I will start getting more sw books again...

This post has been edited by Quezacotyl : 04 March 2007 - 03:27 AM

btw, I have read all three thrawn trilogy books, have read 8 of the x-wing books now, and I am almost done with 9. That just leaves the yuzhan-vong books.

does anybody want to help me research the planet names in wookiepedia?

Somewhere, I used to have a set of Star Wars galaxy maps, but they seem to have been wiped out. Lemme see if I can find them online later. I got em off a website anyway.

what kind of maps are they?

I already have a map compiled that has all 312 base systems, and I have researched 20 of those systems for planets. Slow process, but Ill get it done.

I honestly don't remember. There was a galaxy map, plus some specific sector maps.

ok. Im already working on my own right now, so dont kill yourself looking for it. If you happen upon it, though, I might be able to use it.