Help with an error code

I'm working on something for Nova and I get this error in the debug log and on booting Nova.
"error loading sprite from cicn, ID 10000"
There is nothing else in the debug log that is related to this. What does this error mean? How do I correct it?

Well it would seem you're missing some cicns. ID 10000 is the top-left stellar target bracket.

As Guy didn't say, this problem has occurred because you are missing a data file- Nova Graphics 1, to be precise. If you've moved any of your data files recently, put them back (unless, of course, you're trying to create a TC, in which case I recommend using AbsoluteMinimum as a base for your new data files).

Edwards

I'm attempting to not require AbsoluteMinimum any more. I could have sworn that I got all the proper data.

Might you be relying on MissionComputer? It doesn't see cicn resources, so you wouldn't even notice they were missing. Try this: take a copy of AbsoluteMinimum and copy everything from your file into it, allowing replacement of like-numbered resources whereever they come up.

Or just make a short visit to NovaTools or Rezilla. 🙂

It's fixed now. MC seems to be able to see cicn resources when in "Resource Copier".

Correct; the main resource browser shows only resource types that MissionComputer actually edits, but the Resource Copier shows anything that’s in the file.

@david-arthur, on Jan 3 2007, 04:25 PM, said in Help with an error code:

Correct; the main resource browser shows only resource types that MissionComputer actually edits, but the Resource Copier shows anything that’s in the file.

Interesting; I wasn't aware that MC edited 'icns' resources - or 'snd ' resources, for that matter. 😉

Well you can edit their ID# and name.

You could always switch MC into developer mode, where it will show you all resources, whether or not it can open them.

orcaloverbri9 said:

Interesting; I wasn't aware that MC edited 'icns' resources - or 'snd ' resources, for that matter.

The sound ‘editor’ counts for this purpose, even if all it can actually do is play the sounds. Come to think of it, it would probably be a good idea to add a cicn ‘editor’ (read ‘viewer’) in 3.3.3 in order to avoid the problem that occurred in this topic.

As for icns, they don’t even show up unless you’ve switched into ‘magic’ mode, whose principal purpose is to help me develop MissionComputer itself (it still doesn’t show all resource types, just more than usual).