No plugin updates in two months

They are archived with the plugin archiver in your signature. You should be able to use them.

Yeah, I just don't have anything here to view them with.

I'm really worried that my file won't be within the size limit! 4.4mb all the way to 13.8mb is scary.

Is that the compressed size?? That'll probably fit on the addons pages anyway though. There isn't any specific limit defined it's just it usually doesn't like files bigger than about that.

Also, is it alright that I include the ship varients plugin in my plugin? I have to edit all of the ship resources, so I thought that it would be OK if I did.

Probably (you should contact the author to find out) but it might be nice to include a version for people who don't use ship variants (ie, put the graphics in one plug and then have two more plugs for the ships, one to use with variants and one to use without).

@dark-revenant, on Dec 8 2006, 06:03 PM, said in No plugin updates in two months:

Holy. Crap. I'm really worried that my file won't be within the size limit! 4.4mb all the way to 13.8mb is scary.

Is that in rlëD format, or PICT like the graphics in the plug you uploaded here? If the latter, I'd recommend running your sprites through EnRLE to make rlëDs from your PICTs (note that you do not need to bother making rlë8 resources). This will both save disk space and improve Nova's performance.

Edwards

I've been using rlëD's for the explosions. The compressed size for the whole plugin folder is about 3.8mb, luckily. I also threw in rlë8 versions for maximum compatability.

Anyway, here is a download link for the current version of the explosion revamp:
http://www.filefacto...om/file/3ab040/
It includes eleven ship explosions (three of which are for the vell-os ships) and replacements for FAE small, medium, and large blasts as well as the hellhound blast.

That download link just took me to a page of ads. I don't see a link to download the plug. :huh:

The page does have a DL link. It's right below the section of google ads.

I'l change my hosting site if you can point out a better one (as long as it's free).

Mabey you should try this link.

This post has been edited by Dark Revenant : 09 December 2006 - 05:07 PM

Lovely shield sprites! It's just that I don't really want ship variants, perhaps you could include it as a separate plug-in?

Well, the trick is that I have to completely re-do about three hours of non-stop work by starting from scratch (at least with the ship resources). Is there an easier way of making the variants unavailable without redoing everything?

Also, how are the new explosions?

Oh sorry, I meant explosions in my last post. :wacko: The shields are nice too.

Well, I think I wouldn't have to redo the ship resources, merely modify them to make the variants unavailable. May I ask why you don't want the ship variants? Anything that the ship variants would conflict with are conflicted by my plugin. My plugin conflicts with the ship variants plugin very badly, so I felt that I may as well add them. I will change them, nonetheless.

Yeah, ship vars. is one of those plugs that needs to be updated. Badly.

Some other plugs that could do with updating:

Activates hypergates (during Terraforming misns, if this is active, you're asked to deliver supplies to a hypergate...what the deuce?)
All outfits (You can't get access to Titanium lattices, Spun Diamond, the special Pirate Viper bays...etc.)
Spun Carbon (I've removed ALL plugs that could even REMOTELY conflict and it doesn't work. What's up with this?!)

That's all I can think of right now.

I just came up with a weird plugin idea:

Your ship will get a mechanical problem every once in a while. Pirate govt ships would get the most problems, while polaris ships wouldn't get any whole-ship related problems (Organic tissues can't have mechanical problems (unless a ship virus came out).). Every reactor would have a chance of breaking, as well as the 200mm railguns, ion cannons, heavy blaster turrets, CPLs, and fusion pulse batteries. Problems would not be catastrophic, but annoying and requiring of time and money to fix at any inhabited planet. Also, battles would be hindered as your energy would be whacky, your turning and speed/accel inhibited, some of your weapons nonfunctional, your armor degraded, and your shields weak.

Would you get any entertainment value out of such a plugin?

We might, I think I would.

Is the Re-Vamp done, or are those just releases of the soon-to-be-done plug? I don't want to download somthing that is incomplete, you know.

The revamp is in version 1.0. So yes, it's done.

@dark-revenant, on Dec 9 2006, 05:24 PM, said in No plugin updates in two months:

Well, I think I wouldn't have to redo the ship resources, merely modify them to make the variants unavailable. May I ask why you don't want the ship variants? Anything that the ship variants would conflict with are conflicted by my plugin. My plugin conflicts with the ship variants plugin very badly, so I felt that I may as well add them. I will change them, nonetheless.

I feel that I should play the game the way it was meant to be played. You can't buy a Class E starbridge in the stock scenario, so I don't want to buy one with a plug-in.

@jacabyte, on Dec 9 2006, 06:28 PM, said in No plugin updates in two months:

I feel that I should play the game the way it was meant to be played. You can't buy a Class E starbridge in the stock scenario, so I don't want to buy one with a plug-in.

If I can find the time, I will make an alternate version. As for right now, all you can do is refrain from buying the different variants, unfortunately.

Also, should I make a separate thread for people to download my plugs? Right now, the thread title has nothing to do with the fact that links are inside.

Nah, you can just wait for them to appear on the addons.

All you need to do is change the explode types of all ships, right? You may find it easier to use ConText/ResStore and edit them as a spreadsheet.

Actually, since removing the ship variants was my bright idea, I think I should edit the explode types. Tomorrow. yawn

Edit: I exported Nova Data 1 into .txt with EVNEW so I could edit it in the morning with Notepad. I took a peek at how everything looked so I could chew on it in my sleep. Bad idea, everything looks like a giant cobweb...

In other words, I don't think I can edit all the ship resources with the tools I have. 😞

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 09 December 2006 - 10:47 PM

@jacabyte, on Dec 9 2006, 07:22 PM, said in No plugin updates in two months:

Actually, since removing the ship variants was my bright idea, I think I should edit the explode types. Tomorrow. yawn

Edit: I exported Nova Data 1 into .txt with EVNEW so I could edit it in the morning with Notepad. I took a peek at how everything looked so I could chew on it in my sleep. Bad idea, everything looks like a giant cobweb...

In other words, I don't think I can edit all the ship resources with the tools I have. 😞

I use mission computer, which is as difficult to use on ship resources as EVNEW is. Basically, I did every ship one, by one.

@jacabyte, on Dec 10 2006, 04:22 PM, said in No plugin updates in two months:

Actually, since removing the ship variants was my bright idea, I think I should edit the explode types.

Actually, he asked about it on the previous page and I said it would be a good idea.

@dark-revenant, on Dec 10 2006, 06:50 PM, said in No plugin updates in two months:

I use mission computer, which is as difficult to use on ship resources as EVNEW is. Basically, I did every ship one, by one.

Get ConText/ResStore 🙂