No plugin updates in two months

I just added a version of explosion revamp that includes a ship var version and a non-ship var version.

@dark-revenant, on Dec 10 2006, 02:54 PM, said in No plugin updates in two months:

I just added a version of explosion revamp that includes a ship var version and a non-ship var version.

Added where, the Add-ons Page? I checked the link you had earlier, and I got this message, " Sorry, this file is no longer available. It may have been deleted by the uploader, or has expired. " Red and boldface even...

Check the one on the first post. That's where I will post all of the links for now on.

I have more or less taken under a personal project with my copy of Nova. It involves combining many modifications (mostly graphical, but some affect game play to some extent) from your Explosion ReVamp and my (under construction) Vell-os glows, to stuff like my Raven Rocket "Fix" and my Vell-os "Fixes", and even Qaanol's various fixes.

My point in bringing this up is that while checking compatability for various things, I noticed that some of your explosions have references to sounds that don't exist, either in your plugs, or in the default Nova files. Some how, they still play a sound. One of them references sound 12 (which is snd 312) and I can't find it. One of the things I am trying to change is the sound effects for some of the explosions. Some seem mismatched in my oppinion like a weapon sound when a ship explodes (a Valkryie sounding like a HellHound for example). I am just trying to determine whats going on with your file(s).

Also, when I downloaded the plug-in, I had a blank "Read Me. No, Really! Read me!.rtf" file. Might I get a copy of the actuall file?

I just noticed something: Whenever you kill a Vell-os Dart, Arrow, Javelin they become unselectable indestructible hulks that float through space. This is a direct side effect of setting the death delay of all the Vell-os ships to 1, it needs to be at least 5 or 6.

As far as I know, one shuld work, it is a value of zero that causes problems. But if that statement is not entirely true, a value of two shuld suffice.
I hadn't noticed it as I have two or three plug-ins that deal with vell-os ships, with mine being the last one loaded (plugs are loaded in alphabetical order and mine starts with the letter 'V')

I don't know what's wrong with the sounds, but they all seem fine to me. Valks (along with other medium-smallish ships) have the regular ship explosion sounds. Smaller ships go from the FAE Large sound to the FAE medium to the FAE small sound (only if the ship is a shuttle or cargo drone, though). The vell-os ships sometimes blow up correctly but sometimes don't. I might have to remove the breakup explosions and set the delay to 6.

@dark-revenant, on Dec 17 2006, 08:06 PM, said in No plugin updates in two months:

I don't know what's wrong with the sounds, but they all seem fine to me. Valks (along with other medium-smallish ships) have the regular ship explosion sounds. Smaller ships go from the FAE Large sound to the FAE medium to the FAE small sound (only if the ship is a shuttle or cargo drone, though).

I may have been unclear before, but nothing is wrong (per se) with the sounds, they just reference sounds that don't exist. Both in your plug and in the Nova files. The HellHound explosion in both cases makes a reference to sound 14 (not twelve as I originally said). Are not all the sounds in the Nova Sounds file? I just spent ten minutes checking all files in the Nova Files folder, and none of them have any snd resources in them (asside from Nova Sounds), has anyone else noticed this before?

Again, I ask might I get a copy of the read-me?

(Edit): Spelling corrected.

This post has been edited by WonderBoy : 18 December 2006 - 12:21 PM

Here you go:

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Dark Revenant : 18 December 2006 - 12:38 PM