Crashe's Mini-Plug....

Why, or how?

I find one problem with this , the vell os outfits the t 5 - 1 for free but give nothing there is no point really to them i least as much as i checked out what you made.

Anyway, if you want to make it so that can't happen, just set the maximum number allowed.

Did that. The max is now 2.

What is the reasoning behind this outfit?

The whole reason behind this outfit is to aid a pilot of a ship with some extra cargo space (25 tons), and retrofit the old cargo holds into more weapon's storage space, as well as updating the current shield battery (increased shields and recharge). And tacked on the end for good luck, a bit more fuel for exploring...

Or do you ask "what is the point?" because it doesn't add insanely overpowered weapons or invincibility or things of the like? Hm... Why do you ask such a question as this, when there are already things that take cargo space and give mass?

The desc doesn't actually explain it at all.

As I see it, the description completely describes it.

Here, let me highlight the important parts.

The Trista Shipyard Tech Developement Team has discovered a very efficient new technology. Simply titled a "Trista Upgrade" , at a price of 110 thousand credits , a pilot can be outfitted with 12 more tons of mass , extra shields and shield recharge , and enough fuel for 2 extra jumps. Be aware, however, as this process is irreversible. Attempts to remove this technology in experiements proved futile, not to mention permanently damaging one's ship beyone repair.

There you have it. The whole outfit as it is in the outf resource, just prettied up into paragraph form.

Why does it take cargo space and give free mass?

Um, ever heard of a thing called a Mass Expansion? Or maybe a mass retool?? Or even a Sigma Mass Expansion??? Those are three things that take up cargo space, and give mass (less freight, more weapons).

I find one problem with this

C'mon, Grolin, you'll have to explain better than that if you want me to know what you mean...

This post has been edited by Crashe : 14 August 2006 - 11:51 PM

@crashe, on Aug 14 2006, 09:43 PM, said in Crashe's Mini-Plug....:

C'mon, Grolin, you'll have to explain better than that if you want me to know what you mean...

Lol, i totally agree with you....I can't even see what hes getting at or any relevance to this topic...

Eh, one thing I DID forget in the description was the fact that it takes 25 tons of space. I'll add that in, just a sec.

EDIT A new description, hopefully clearing up.. just one thing, that's how much cargo space it requires:

The Trista Shipyard Tech Developement Team has discovered a very efficient new technology. Simply titled a "Trista Upgrade", at a price of 110 thousand credits and a mere 25 tons of spare cargo space , a pilot can be outfitted with 12 more tons of mass, extra shields and shield recharge, and enough fuel for 2 extra jumps. Be aware, however, as this process is irreversible. Attempts to remove this technology in experiements proved futile, not to mention permanently damaging one's ship beyone repair.

This post has been edited by Crashe : 14 August 2006 - 11:55 PM

Suggest "outfit space" rather than "mass" - since (at least according to current theories) it's a measure of volume rather than mass.

Suggest "outfit space" rather than "mass"

Eh, I was just going by the technical in-game term for it. "Free Mass" But that does make more sense. Easier to understand by the masses.. Ha.. ha. Get it? Masses? Ok that wasn't funny. But anyways I'll change that.

Here, the second new description within 10 minutes.

The Trista Shipyard Tech Developement Team has discovered a very efficient new use of exisisting technology. Simply titled a "Trista Upgrade", at a price of 110 thousand credits and a mere 25 tons of spare cargo space, a pilot can be outfitted with 12 more tons of extra outfit space, extra shields and shield recharge, and enough fuel for 2 extra jumps. Be aware, however, as this process is irreversible. The heavy modification severely alters your ships framework, therefore rendering your retrofit permanent. Also, a maximum of two upgrades are allowed per ship, provided the fact that intense modification can render the ship useless alltogether.

This post has been edited by Crashe : 15 August 2006 - 12:12 AM

Ah, so it's a number of individual modifications to the ship, rather than some single fancy device which magically does all of that stuff together? In that case, why not just let the player pick and choose his own mass conversions, shield and fuel upgrades?

why not just let the player pick and choose his own mass conversions, shield and fuel upgrades?

Because, it is provided by the Trista Shipyards, and they don't negotiate special orders with potential clients. Their schedule is hectic enough without having to know who wants what, and where to put the what, and what not to put where the original what would have gone, but instead the client chose another what and scratched the idea at the last moment and switched back to the original what.

That's why.

Also, if you're going to use the word "thousand" in the price, you've also got to use the words "a hundred and ten" - i.e. "a hundred and ten thousand". Either all numbers or all words, not a combination of both. 🙂

not a combination of both.

Alright, alright...

Simply titled a "Trista Upgrade", at a price of a hundred and ten thousand credits and a mere 25 tons of spare cargo space

This post has been edited by Crashe : 15 August 2006 - 02:13 AM

Oh, so you mean you otherwise can't buy things like mass conversions and shield/fuel upgrades? In that case it makes perfect sense.

Crashe, I think Guy meant that you don't explain the process of exchanging the space in your desc.

Something to the effect of "The ingenious mechanic in this spaceport is able to give you all of these benefits simply by building a weapons pod in your cargo bay. Of course, the extra shields, recharge and fuel will take a large proportion of this space up, but the deal seems too good to pass up."

Otherwise it seems like the changes happen by magic... "Albus Dumbledore smiles, as he waves a small twig in the air, and your ship is instantly transformed."

P.S. Sorry if my desc is rubbish, I've just woken up. Literally.

Edit: Or maybe he doesn't!

This post has been edited by pp0u20e8 : 15 August 2006 - 05:18 AM

Otherwise it seems like the changes happen by magic...

Don't really want that... but I like your description, I'll incorporate it into mine, if that's alright?

Fine by me!

Coo, thanks. I'll put you in my credits... Hopefully I'll lots of people from the board in there.. Maybe I'll put you into my universe...

EDIT Ha.. I didn't mean to say "coo". I meant "cool" 🙂

This post has been edited by Crashe : 15 August 2006 - 08:29 AM

Alright, I've moved my preview pics that were on my other thread ("Including Picts?") to here, because it makes more sense that way... Feel free to comment, suggest, and question my creations..

Nice ship. Heres my advice and if you want, try em out: First, sweep the wings just a tad back. Second, try not to make your ship too tall. It looks more areodynamic(therefore cooler, atleast to me that is) and it looks more like a ship that can fly. Thats all the advice i think of for now. I'm not sure if the stuff above is just my preferance, but maybe somone else might agree with me. Anyways....keep at it, the pictures are just getting better and better! 😄 Good work!

This post has been edited by chronodrago : 17 August 2006 - 12:03 AM