Hamster's Nova Engine Challenge

Spaceballs for the win.

Wonderful. 🙂

Kinda takes the wind out of the sails of something of my own, but still....

Wonderful 🙂

orcaloverbri9 said in Hamster's Nova Engine Challenge:

Spaceballs for the win.

Chocolate slice points for you. 🙂

@dr--trowel, on Aug 28 2006, 10:57 AM, said:

Kinda takes the wind out of the sails of something of my own, but still....

Heh, sorry. begs forgiveness

Mind you, I had intended to do the entire quote from "Prepare ship for light speed! No, no, no, light speed is too slow" all the way to "Ludicrous speed, go!" but as I said, it only plays the first six seconds, while the entire sound file is about fourty-three seconds long. (Imagine taking fourty-three seconds to enter hyperspace each time...)

Well shucks, looks like I missed the contest... well, actually, I don't think anyone did a Mac OS 9 method yet, so here goes:

Attached File Qaanol__s_Voice.zip (48.54K)
Number of downloads: 39
And the step-by-step instructions are illustrated. The readme explains what each step is, but this picture lets you see it first-hand:

I think I just had a seizure.

Heh, that was amusing. Especially the nice echo effect with the Turret. 🙂

Those two extremely-similar-but-not-identical icons on the desktop confuse me :mellow:

@belthazar, on Aug 26 2006, 05:08 PM, said in Hamster's Nova Engine Challenge:

I've done it - five seconds exactly. 🙂 Please find attached. I replaced the Light Blaster sound, because it's the easiest weapon to get a hold of (i.e. the player starts with it).

Steps taken:

1. Looked for the mic in my room. No luck.
2. Snuck into my mother's office and stole the headset that comes with the phone, but discovered that the plug was too small.
3. Went upstairs and fished through the spare computer parts drawer - found a mic, yay!
4. Recorded the sound using GoldWave, but discovered it was too soft (realised later that was because I didn't have the Line In volume turned up).
5. Did the same as above, but using my laptop. Got a good sound this time.
6. Imported the sound into a plugin using EVNEW.
7. Opened EV Nova.
8. Fired weapon.
9. Laughed and laughed.

@qaanol, on Aug 28 2006, 01:45 PM, said in Hamster's Nova Engine Challenge:

Well shucks, looks like I missed the contest... well, actually, I don't think anyone did a Mac OS 9 method yet, so here goes:

Attachment attachment
And the step-by-step instructions are illustrated. The readme explains what each step is, but this picture lets you see it first-hand:

Those are awesome! I almost fell out my chair laughing the first time I fired the light blaster!

Interestingly, that's about exactly what I expected Qaanol to sound like...

@orcaloverbri9, on Aug 29 2006, 05:59 AM, said in Hamster's Nova Engine Challenge:

Interestingly, that's about exactly what I expected Qaanol to sound like...

Sounded a bit too "robotic" compared to the idea I'd formed beforehand 😛

Finally got a chance to check out the Limerick 🙂 I have no idea why but I had a mysterious urge to do this:

😄

!yuG !live si sdrawkcaB

looks at Qaanol's trippy attachment

umm, what happened to step #2?