Plugin having major problems

@chronodrago, on Aug 16 2006, 01:13 PM, said in Plugin having major problems:

I put that mission there becuase i needed a "backdoor" so i could easily access all my new weaps and such. The mission is going to removed before a beta...

I see. It's there for testing purposes. Now about those weapons...

The blackhole weapon is 100tons therefore getting rid of being able to fit on most ships. Plus it cost a mil, so it sort of is fair. The methane particle cannon isnt realyl fair though, i guess. 😉

He's still building it, JacaByte! He'll probably alter a lot of things before actually releasing it!

Leave him alone!

@pp0u20e8, on Aug 16 2006, 01:23 PM, said in Plugin having major problems:

Leave him alone!

Okay. I'm just making suggestions. Sort of...

Yeah, but you commented on the weapons, and then did it again when he didn't decide you were right.

He likes his weapons as they are. If no one else does, they won't use the plug-in, or they'll change it when they do.

I'm sorry! Alright? Now leave me alone!

No!!!

:ninja:

So, uh...anyways, does anyone know why the hypergates are not working? I still cant get em to work.

The hypergates work perfectly.

I shall say no more. Except that I could use the version that has graphics in it. 🙂

@jacabyte, on Aug 16 2006, 03:52 PM, said in Plugin having major problems:

The hypergates work perfectly.

Then why does it not work on mine? The HG galinthor connects with HG Barbados and the stock hypergates. But the stock hypergates dont connect with HG Galinthor, even though ive set the hyperlinks correctly...i believe.

@jacabyte, on Aug 16 2006, 03:52 PM, said in Plugin having major problems:

I shall say no more. Except that I could use the version that has graphics in it. 🙂

That will come as soon as i can fix these few problems and when i finish the editing the descs. 😄 Also, i need to finish creating my ships or atleast finding ship graphics that i can use. 😉

This post has been edited by chronodrago : 16 August 2006 - 07:29 PM

Then either something's wrong with your data files or you have other plugs interfering.

Well, i just instaleld the game about a week ago, so i doubt its that. And theres no other plugs running except one that gives a few outfits, so im not sure. The debuglog doesnt say anyhtign about a Hypergate unless im blind. :huh:

Heres the debuglog just in case: 🙂

EV Nova debug log

Output on 8/16/2006 at 5:58 PM

game engine was compiled Jun 24 2006
game engine version is 1.0.A Windows

opening data files & loading prefs
initializing monitor
initializing QuickTime
building trig table
opening platform tool
opening file tool
opening draw tool
opening interface tool
opening registration tool
initializing arrays
opening data files
opening files in Nova Files folder:
Nova Data 1.rez
Nova Data 2.rez
Nova Data 3.rez
Nova Data 4.rez
Nova Data 5.rez
Nova Data 6.rez
Nova Graphics 1.rez
Nova Graphics 2.rez
Nova Graphics 3.rez
Nova Ships 1.rez
Nova Ships 2.rez
Nova Ships 3.rez
Nova Ships 4.rez
Nova Ships 5.rez
Nova Ships 6.rez
Nova Ships 7.rez
Nova Ships 8.rez
Nova Sounds.rez
Nova Titles 1.rez
Nova Titles 2.rez
Nova Titles 3.rez
Nova Titles 4.rez
opening files in Nova Plug-Ins folder:
Galinthor Data 1.rez
Galinthor Graphics 1.rez
Galinthor Ships 1.rez
Galinthor Ships 2.rez
manitcore.rez
Mass Retools.rez
ShipTargets.rez
SwissArmyKnife.rez
loading sounds
creating window
main window rect: (0, 0, 1024, 768)
initializing sprite world
creating scratch frames
creating offscreen buffers
starting music
initializing strings
initializing status bar
initializing objects
initializing buttons
loading object data
warning: assuming implicit reciprocal link from Peflek (402) to Mugeuh (1129)
warning: assuming implicit reciprocal link from Xeom-Gheu (1130) to Molliari (411)
warning: assuming implicit reciprocal link from Xeom-Gheu (1130) to Allarei (405)
warning: assuming implicit reciprocal link from Dibudei Prime (1131) to Teft (401)
warning: assuming implicit reciprocal link from Xeomina (1133) to Dibudei Prime (1131)
warning: assuming implicit reciprocal link from Xeomina (1133) to Deadly Duel (1132)
warning: assuming implicit reciprocal link from Senyavin (1134) to Teft (401)
warning: assuming implicit reciprocal link from Budea 9 (1136) to Obiduru (1135)
warning: assuming implicit reciprocal link from Ge-Tu (1137) to Budea 9 (1136)
warning: assuming implicit reciprocal link from Ge-Tu (1137) to Obiduru (1135)
warning: assuming implicit reciprocal link from Ayabeda (1138) to Ge-Tu (1137)
warning: assuming implicit reciprocal link from Aquilis (1150) to Ama 12 (1128)
warning: assuming implicit reciprocal link from Narmonoc (1151) to Aquilis (1150)
warning: assuming implicit reciprocal link from Narmonoc (1151) to Ama 12 (1128)
warning: assuming implicit reciprocal link from Gondra (1152) to Aquilis (1150)
warning: assuming implicit reciprocal link from Gondra (1152) to Daenis (1153)
warning: assuming implicit reciprocal link from Daenis (1153) to Narmonoc (1151)
warning: assuming implicit reciprocal link from Daenis (1153) to Aquilis (1150)
warning: Striker (262) has a trade-in value of 1163000 but costs only 1000000
warning: Striker (271) has a trade-in value of 1230500 but costs only 1050000
warning: Galinthor Starbridge (419) has a trade-in value of 816250 but costs only 725000
warning: Galinthor Dreadnaught Class N/A (421) has a trade-in value of 1589000 but costs only 500000
warning: Frigate (422) has 8 turreted weapons but its maximum is 6
warning: Frigate (422) has a trade-in value of 3655100 but costs only 750000
warning: Destroyer (423) has a trade-in value of 2076550 but costs only 500000
loading mission data
propagating mission bit effects
showing splash screen
loading sprites
checking memory
loading ship sprites
configuring sprites
initializing player
initializing main screen
opening last pilot file
load pilot data 1
load pilot data 2
load pilot data 3
load pilot data 4
load pilot data 5
load pilot data 6
load pilot data 7
load pilot data 8
load pilot data 9
making alias
dumping pilot log
exploring nebula 129
exploring nebula 128
exploring nebula 130
exploring nebula 131
propagating mission bit effects
---
preparing main screen
setting up world
checking network stack
beginning version check
setting up main screen graphics
doing main screen
reggie version check returned nil
timeout contacting version server
main screen disposed
doing cleanup
disposing sounds
disposing buttons
disposing sprites
disposing particles
disposing patterns & picts
disposing sprite layers
disposing sprite world
disposing offscreen buffers
disposing array pointers
disposing dialog buffer
disposing window
closing QuickTime
carbon cleanup
closing MT
closing other tools
showing control strip
clean exit

- end of log -

(Manticore chagnes the logon screen to an edited image. It'll be in a plugin soon once i finish 8 other logon pictures. Ship targets is just for shield bubbles and the shipyard pic. The other plugins are just outfits needed so i can test out the different things inside my plugin.)

This post has been edited by chronodrago : 16 August 2006 - 08:06 PM

Well just try it without any plugs except the hypergate one and see what happens. Maybe start a new pilot or something.

I just tried it, with just Galinthor plugs and a hypergate access so that i can use the hypergates. The hypergates still dont connect correctly. HG galinthor connects with the ones its supposed to, but hte only hypergate that connects back to it, is just HG Barbados. So...uh...i dont know why its working on yours and not on mine. :huh:

@chronodrago, on Aug 16 2006, 07:25 PM, said in Plugin having major problems:

I just tried it, with just Galinthor plugs and a hypergate access so that i can use the hypergates.

Emphasis mine.
It is almost certain that that hypergate access plug modifies the hypergates. Try getting rid of it and testing with a pilot that already has hypergate access. If you wish, you could add a simple mission that has "k147" in its OnAccept field, to grant access to the hypergate network without modifying the gates themselves.

Edwards

THe hypergate acces plugin allows you to buy a "card" that grants access to the hypergates. Basically you buy the hypergate access rank. I checked it out, the only thing in the outfit is the k147 in the OnBuy field and the removal in the OnSell field. So the hypergates aren't modified, its just a shortcut to the rank. Very helpful i must admit. :laugh:

But that could also be where you're snagging. I'm testing with a pilot who got hypergate access through the Sigma string. I don't how it would, though, but it's one less thing to worry about.

I'll try it as well.

On a possibly unrelated notes, you may want to twiddle things to remove those assumed reciprocal links (i.e. don't force the game to assume them). It has been known to cause some problems in Nova, especially older versions.

Alright, that shouldn't take to long.