Plugin having major problems

Missions, outfit timers, hypergates...

Hey guys,
I've been having some...uh...pretty bad problems with my plugin. And they're gettign really annoying, cuase i can't figure out how to fix them.
1: If the mission is said to appear at any stellar of my new gov't, it doesn't work...even with 100% chance. When the mission is said to appear at any fed. stellar, it works. <_<
2: Hypergates - Everyone else says the hypergates link correctly, but on my computer they only work one way, even though the hyperlinks are set correctly.
3: One of my weapons detonates as soon as its dropped even though it has 60 frames of life. I am currently double checking something on this one.

I am registered and i do not have a crack version, and I also have the newest version of EVNova.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 🙂

Would you care to post a file with said problems?

Sure, also i figured out the problem with the weapon detonator. It was a recent problem, the other problems i had for weeks... Also, the file i posted does not have any graphics with it so uh expect empty picture outfits and such, as well as graphics, the dudes wont work either so im not sure if that wil be a problem, but EV Nova will run with just that file...i just tried it. I am just posting the data file. 🙂

Heres the link: Copyrighted by Chronodrago 😛

This post has been edited by chronodrago : 15 August 2006 - 10:39 PM

1: If the mission is said to appear at any stellar of my new gov't, it doesn't work...even with 100% chance. When the mission is said to appear at any fed. stellar, it works.

Did you, uh, make sure to set your planet's gov't to the correct one? I forgot to do that to mine at first, and it was "Independent" for the longest time. 🙂

2: Hypergates - Everyone else says the hypergates link correctly, but on my computer they only work one way, even though the hyperlinks are set correctly.

I'll check up on that and see if I notice anything...

@crashe, on Aug 15 2006, 08:47 PM, said in Plugin having major problems:

Did you, uh, make sure to set your planet's gov't to the correct one? I forgot to do that to mine at first, and it was "Independent" for the longest time. 🙂

Lol, nope thats not the problem. Although it may seem a bit odd on your screen since its just hte data file. The systems belong to the Galinthor Republic and all have been set and the background color is light blue. The gov't ID is 196 and the misn appear is 10196 meaning appear at any stellar belonging to the Galinthor Republic.

Just some suggestions for some things.

In your str resources, str 1021 would sound better like this:

Message Buoy: You are entering a territory belonging to the Duelists. Beware of impending death. Have a nice day...

Just dump the "and welcome". It didn't seem to fit.

Dam the Duelists! Dam them to HELL!

I hope you misspelled that on purpose.

You take 5 minutes to finish your drink. After all, he was on your time.

That's from the mission "Money Maker".

For one thing, try not to mix us past and present tense. "He is on your time schedule", not "He was on your time schedule." Second, you might consider changing that part. Some may not get what you mean.

Maybe try, "You slowly sip your drink, contemplating the whole situation. No need to rush for some stranger , you think to yourself."

Also from the same mission,

As soon as they realize that you have entered the cabin they stand up in respect, after all they're in your ship.

The "after all" part isn't neccesary. How about this? "As soon as the two realize you have entered the cabin, their conversation stops, and the stranger stands to greet you."

Keep it consistent. The first mate earlier openly calls you by your nickname and greets you in a casual, laid back manner. Why now would he "stand up in respect"? If he did stand, it would be just for the heck of it. But that's just my opinion.

Ok, I'm just going to stop now. Besides, whenever I try to jump into the Dibudei Prime system (at least I assume that's what it is), Nova crashes. Not too sure what's up with that. That also but a damper on the testing your HG's out for ya.

If you'd like, I could go over your descriptions and do some spelling and grammatical checks for you? Also spice 'em up a bit.. just give me the word and I'll get to it.

This post has been edited by Crashe : 15 August 2006 - 11:26 PM

Hey guys,
I've been having some...uh...pretty bad problems with my plugin. And they're gettign really annoying, cuase i can't figure out how to fix them.
1: If the mission is said to appear at any stellar of my new gov't, it doesn't work...even with 100% chance. When the mission is said to appear at any fed. stellar, it works. dry.gif
3: One of my weapons detonates as soon as its dropped even though it has 60 frames of life. I am currently double checking something on this one.

Try these:

1. I think that you need to use 10068 for the available stellar. 10000 refers to the Federation which is government 128. Your government is 196 so you'd subtract 128 from 196 giving you 68. If you follow me...

2. Edit: wait, nevermind.

3. It's solved, right?

This post has been edited by dr neverhood : 15 August 2006 - 11:38 PM

2. The hypergates are labeled "HG-Kania", "HG-Aurora", etc. yet you do not have those systems in the file. Thus, the systems don't have the spob number in their stellar objects field.

And that must be the reason my computer crashed when I tried to use the HG? That explains that, but what was the deal with actually jumping into the system normally?

I withdraw that statement.

This post has been edited by Crashe : 15 August 2006 - 11:51 PM

Actually nevermind that. I was wrong. The resource ID is that which is already specified in the standard Nova Files as the HG in Kania. But yes, Chronodrago, jumping into some systems causes a crash which is due to your lack of spins I believe.

This post has been edited by dr neverhood : 15 August 2006 - 11:51 PM

@crashe, on Aug 15 2006, 09:24 PM, said in Plugin having major problems:

Ok, I'm just going to stop now. Besides, whenever I try to jump into the Dibudei Prime system (at least I assume that's what it is), Nova crashes. Not too sure what's up with that. That also but a damper on the testing your HG's out for ya.

If you'd like, I could go over your descriptions and do some spelling and grammatical checks for you? Also spice 'em up a bit.. just give me the word and I'll get to it.

Thanks, man ill add your tips in, and ya, Nova will crash for some of the systems since the dudes are missing as well as the custom spob graphic. Forgot about that 😄 All the planets will either be invisible or crash.

If you have the time, you could go through the desc, the storyline ones im not to good at since its not my type. I like writing the weapon descs like the blackhole weap and the slipstream hyperdrive. Also, both of those are in plugins that i have uploaded to the plugins directory, they just haven't shown up yet.

@dr-neverhood, on Aug 15 2006, 09:29 PM, said in Plugin having major problems:

Try these:

1. I think that you need to use 10068 for the available stellar. 10000 refers to the Federation which is government 128. Your government is 196 so you'd subtract 128 from 196 giving you 68. If you follow me...

2. Edit: wait, nevermind.

3. It's solved, right?

1. Thanks, that would be the problem, funny i never realized that before.
3. Yep its solved, i had an extra flag checked that sent the bomb into "overload"

@crashe, on Aug 15 2006, 09:35 PM, said in Plugin having major problems:

And that must be the reason my computer crashed when I tried to use the HG? That explains that, but what was the deal with actually jumping into the system normally?

I'm not sure what system your refering to. The HG-Kania and the others are exact copies of the spob RIDs so i really dont need to change the syst ssince the ID is the same, im basically just writing over the original hypergate.

So the mission problem is now solved, but hte hypergate one is sitll in question. For other users, they worked just fine. So im really not sure whats going on with them. But im glad to know its not my computer going mutinous on me. :laugh:
Also, i htink i need to add some cargo pickup desc becuase sometimes i dont even know if i picked up the cargo. lol 😛

This post has been edited by chronodrago : 15 August 2006 - 11:53 PM

I'm not sure what system your refering to.

Sorry, forgot to mention that. It was the Dibudei Prime system. I tried using HG-Kania, but the game crashed, as well as when I jumped into the system from an adjacent system.

Also, i htink i need to add some cargo pickup desc

Yea, two of your missions have no quick briefing descs.

@crashe, on Aug 15 2006, 10:24 PM, said in Plugin having major problems:

I hope you misspelled that on purpose.

I was going to point that out to him earlier. But I didn't have the heart to...

Edit: Your file hosting site is down, Chrono.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 16 August 2006 - 09:57 AM

@crashe, on Aug 15 2006, 10:06 PM, said in Plugin having major problems:

Sorry, forgot to mention that. It was the Dibudei Prime system. I tried using HG-Kania, but the game crashed, as well as when I jumped into the system from an adjacent system.
Yea, two of your missions have no quick briefing descs.

Ya, that would be becuase Your missing 3 other files(graphic, and 2 ships) The ships i have to chagne their graphic becuase some aren't mine to use.

@jacabyte, on Aug 16 2006, 07:51 AM, said in Plugin having major problems:

Edit: Your file hosting site is down, Chrono.

Uh, sry bout that. Would you like me to email the file to you? 🙂

@chronodrago, on Aug 16 2006, 11:06 AM, said in Plugin having major problems:

Uh, sry bout that. Would you like me to email the file to you? 🙂

No. The file server appears to work now. 🙂

No, no. That's fine. I haven't even gotten a chance to look at the plug yet.

Would you like me to upload the graphics as well? That way the game doesnt crash as often, it may take some time though...

I'll just plug in some temporary graphics in place of the missing ones for now, then it'll work.

K, cuase the graphics are 9 mb and thats not including the ships. 😛
And i still can't figure out why the hypergates links only work one way even when the hyperlinks are set correctly on all of them, i believe. They've been right everytime i checked them. And they're the same gov't as well.

This post has been edited by chronodrago : 16 August 2006 - 01:10 PM

On my integrity check of the entire plug I noticed that misn 1123 has a triple bit expression in the availability field; B9189 & !B9183 & !B9188. It should be: B9189 & !(B9183 | B9188).

When I looked through the desc resource, I noticed several spelling and grammar mistakes.

And about the money maker mission, I think the 1 billion credits is little much to make availible freely and makes the plug cross the line into a cheat. Plus the fact that most of the weapons deal insane amounts of damage at little cost. I think this plug needs a little balancing out.

@jacabyte, on Aug 16 2006, 12:05 PM, said in Plugin having major problems:

On my integrity check of the entire plug I noticed that misn 1123 has a triple bit expression in the availability field; B9189 & !B9183 & !B9188. It should be: B9189 & !(B9183 | B9188).

Ah, ya i never enw much about all thouse control bits, afterall i only learned like a few weeks ago. I especially dont understand multiple control bits.

When I looked through the desc resource, I noticed several spelling and grammar mistakes.

Ah, no surprise, i haven't run it through Word yet for a spell check and its easier to read in Word anyways.
Before i realease a beta, if i do, those mistakes shoudl be fixed.

And about the money maker mission, I think the 1 billion credits is little much to make availible freely and makes the plug cross the line into a cheat. Plus the fact that most of the weapons deal insane amounts of damage at little cost. I think this plug needs a little balancing out.

I put that mission there becuase i needed a "backdoor" so i could easily access all my new weaps and such. The mission is going to removed before a beta...