Idea for a new universe: Asteroids

Based on a fanfiction of the very same game

Luke Rounda from Fanfiction.net once wrote a space opera extravaganza in the form of Asteroids: Festival Among the Rocks. It's actually based on the 1998 Activision update (does anyone have a copy?), which actually has minimalist plot- you work as an asteroid smasher for the Galactic Asteroid Mining and Drilling Corporation (naturally), and eventually there is an alien invasion or something at the very last zone.

However, Mr. Rounda took the idea and built an entire universe out of it. I helped by expanding it with my own ideas, which, in retrospect, were slightly influenced by EV, though I've never played it until recently when I downloaded Nova. I added on with a mix of stories here, called The Frontier.

Anyways, I'm interested in continuing my story expansion, and possibly creating a future plug out of it. Is anyone interested? At the very least, please check out the story above. It's very excellent.

Interesting! Go for it!

You probably know that Andrew Welch, founder of ASW, published an Asteroid clone of his own, back near the dawn of time. There have been plugs made to bring Maelstrom ships into the EV series, but if anyone has done a more complex plug centering around that game's backstory, I haven't spotted it. It could make a wild micro-TC on its own, or you could meld it with your ideas.... The differences in mood might be too large, though.

I like it - especially if there's asteroid mining. 😄

@belthazar, on Jul 22 2006, 02:51 AM (GMT+2), said in Idea for a new universe: Asteroids:

I like it - especially if there's asteroid mining. 😄

You're hopeless.

This post has been edited by Zacha Pedro : 22 July 2006 - 03:02 PM

@celestialnaut, on Jul 20 2006, 03:41 AM, said in Idea for a new universe: Asteroids:

(does anyone have a copy?)

Yes.

@zacha-pedro, on Jul 23 2006, 06:01 AM, said in Idea for a new universe: Asteroids:

You're hopeless.

No, I have hope. Hope that a plugin about asteroids includes asteroid mining. 🙂

@belthazar, on Jul 22 2006, 10:20 PM, said in Idea for a new universe: Asteroids:

No, I have hope. Hope that a plugin about asteroids includes asteroid mining. 🙂

:laugh: I swear, you're the closest thing I've seen to a cross between Homer Simpson and a Horta: "Mmm... Rocks. "

Not just rocks. Shiny rocks. * Poing! * 😄