Capt. Rythan's Passenger list,

Exactly how does one...

How do you specify a cargo ID for a character you've made for a plug-in? In one mission the player needs to Ferry someone important from A to B and it is important that it say the VIP's name under the word Cargo, instead of passenger. How can I do this? Where are the cargo IDs located? Any help would be appreciated as usual.

Captain Rythan has a lot of questions. 🙂

Make the VIP into a jünk resource. Make sure the resource's name starts with an asterisk (*) in order to make it a quantitiless cargo, as detailed in the notes at the end of the mďsn resource section of the Nova Bible.

@belthazar, on Jun 16 2006, 05:11 PM, said in Capt. Rythan's Passenger list,:

Captain Rythan has a lot of questions. 🙂

lol, sorry about that, just trying to learn as much as I can. Thanks again for the information, as always you've been extremely helpful.

Actually, Belthazar, for missions you don't need or want to make a jünk.

To create a new cargo type for a mission, you will need to add new entries to STR#s 4000, 4001, and 4002. This can be done either by copying those STR#s into your plug and editing them (simple, but not recommended), or by creating 'STR ' resources to "patch" the STR#s, as detailed in Appendix III of the Nova Bible (not simple, but recommended). If you choose the latter route, I think that the STR s that you will want will be as follows:
ID:9080 - Data:"*Some Guy" - I'm not certain about this one, as its ID isn't mentioned in either the Bible or Guy's RID Guide. It is the basic, fully-capitalized name of the cargo.
ID:9180 - Data:"*Some Guy" - This is the "lowercase" name for the cargo, but as the cargo is a proper name...
ID:9280 - Data:"Guy" - This is the abbreviation of the cargo's name, to be shown in the sidebar.

In any case, the number you put in the "cargo" field of the mďsn resource is the index number of the cargo within the STR# resources. The lowest unused index, and the one that the above STR s are patching, is 80.

Edwards

@edwards, on Jun 17 2006, 11:27 AM, said in Capt. Rythan's Passenger list,:

ID:9080 - Data:"*Some Guy" - I'm not certain about this one, as its ID isn't mentioned in either the Bible or Guy's RID Guide. It is the basic, fully-capitalized name of the cargo.

Well if there was anywhere in-game such a string would be used then yeah that's where you would put it. But I'm pretty sure it never gets referenced in-game.

@edwards, on Jun 17 2006, 09:27 AM, said in Capt. Rythan's Passenger list,:

Actually, Belthazar, for missions you don't need or want to make a jünk.

Cough Well that explains a lot. I was wondering why some of the Cargo fields in the mďsn resources didn't seem to match up with any jünk resources. Hangs head in shame

(Mind you, this is something which could possibly be explained better in the Nova Bible.)