Fonts and buttons.

Two questions. One: How do I modify the font of descriptions and other in-game text? Two: How do I modify the image for buttons?

I think the buttons are pict resources 7500-7508, 7600-7608 (masks).

Not sure about fonts.

1. You can't
2. See the PICT section here for IDs. If you're going to change the height or width of the buttons you will also need to modify the DITLs.

This post has been edited by Guy : 30 May 2006 - 05:02 PM

@dr-neverhood, on May 30 2006, 03:56 PM, said in Fonts and buttons.:

I think the buttons are pict resources 7500-7508, 7600-7608 (masks).

Not sure about fonts.

Yeah, I saw the pict resources, or at least some of them, but I'm not sure how they work. I never saw any button pictures that covered the middle section of the button, as in, the area where the words appear. I suppose the center image is just stretched or repeated to cover the entire width of the button? I'm not sure. But yes, I saw some sort of pict resources that had something to do with buttons, but I wasn't sure how they worked. I suppose I can give some editing of those a go and see what happens. Still for fonts.

@guy, on May 30 2006, 05:01 PM, said in Fonts and buttons.:

1. You can't

Wrong. Its in the colr resource. Just make sure you choose a very

I've hosed around with some things and yes, the fonts are changeable, through the colr resource, and I've figured out buttons pretty well, but I've run into a problem: I've checked the entire game to see if it occurs anywhere else, but it doesn't. Not that it's directly related, but the "buy" button in my outfitter has disappeared. I thought at first that I had done something wrong with the availability of the outfits, but the problem is quite existant. I can click where the buy button should be, and it buys the item, and sell works just fine. The graphic has just disappeared. Given that all buttons are ruled by one button image, I am very puzzled.

This post has been edited by Crusader Alpha : 31 May 2006 - 06:22 PM

According to the Nova Bible, you can change the menu font and the button font using the cölr resource, and the status bar font using the ďntf resource. No mention is made anywhere of changing the font for normal dëscs. Is menu font the same as the dësc font? Or is Eegras wrong in saying Guy is wrong?

@eegras-studios, on Jun 1 2006, 06:09 AM, said in Fonts and buttons.:

Wrong. Its in the colr resource. Just make sure you choose a very (choose one) cool/fun/large/exciting/silly/weird/wacky/small/cheesy font.

The colr resource is for the text in the main menu and for buttons. The intf resource can control fonts in the sidebar. There is no way to change description fonts.
(EDIT) Beaten by Belthazar

Crusader Alpha, check the link I gave for a bit of info on the PICTs used for buttons. The only cause I can imagine for losing a button is you've modified the DITL in some way.

This post has been edited by Guy : 31 May 2006 - 10:45 PM

@guy, on May 31 2006, 09:43 PM, said in Fonts and buttons.:

The colr resource is for the text in the main menu and for buttons. The intf resource can control fonts in the sidebar. There is no way to change description fonts.
(EDIT) Beaten by Belthazar

Crusader Alpha, check the link I gave for a bit of info on the PICTs used for buttons. The only cause I can imagine for losing a button is you've modified the DITL in some way.

Changing the button font should do alright. I'm pretty sure I could figure out some way to change the desc font, but I like the look I have now.

I expected that I had modified the DITL as well. I checked both that and the DLOG, but both were fine. I suppose I could copy the original again, just in case something happened to it that I can't tell, after all, DITL's and DLOG's aren't very well labelled. Still, I'm pretty sure all I changed were the DITL and DLOG for the spaceport. It's definitely fixable, I just have to figure out how.