Custom Interface

DITL & intf

I am looking for someone who can do a full custom interface re-do for EVN, I make the graphics, they set it up so the game recognizes them. I don't know how to do this myself, although I've seen the DITL resources that would need editing. I just need someone who can manipulate those and intf resources pretty well. Also, I don't know, but I think the main menu screen is managed by DITL's as well... if it is, or if it isn't I suppose, that is included as well. Email at crusader2014@gmail.com if you can and want to help with this stuff.

Let's see what can be arranged. I've emailed you already...

This post has been edited by dr neverhood : 06 May 2006 - 06:35 PM

Sidebars are done with the ďntf resource. The main screen is done with the cölr resource. DITL resources, whatever they are, don't enter into the conversation at all.

DITLs come into it only if you want to rearrange/resize dialogs. The main screen is not managed by a DITL.

@belthazar, on May 6 2006, 05:50 PM, said in Custom Interface:

Sidebars are done with the ďntf resource. The main screen is done with the cölr resource. DITL resources, whatever they are, don't enter into the conversation at all.

@guy, on May 6 2006, 06:28 PM, said in Custom Interface:

DITLs come into it only if you want to rearrange/resize dialogs. The main screen is not managed by a DITL.

Yes, DITL's and DLOG's, for redoing planet landing interfaces and such, if I'm not mistaken... unless that's done in another way.

@dr-neverhood, on May 6 2006, 05:34 PM, said in Custom Interface:

Let's see what can be arranged. I've emailed you already...

Alright, I'll check.

Ah, I see. EVNEW doesn't seem to support DITL resources (although I suspect it can see them)... but hey, for that matter, nor does the Nova Bible.

@belthazar, on May 6 2006, 08:04 PM, said in Custom Interface:

Ah, I see. EVNEW doesn't seem to support DITL resources (although I suspect it can see them)... but hey, for that matter, nor does the Nova Bible.

Actually, I'm not sure if anything actually "supports" them, as far as EVNEW, EVONE, MC, or NovaTools, but Resedit, which runs NT, does.

This post has been edited by Crusader Alpha : 06 May 2006 - 10:00 PM

The latest MC does. But yeah, there's really not much else. ResEdit's support will probably always be the best.

... which is going to be a problem in the era of Intel Macs (that can't run ResEdit); if you like template-based editing, Rezilla can handle them. The Bible doesn't talk of the DITL resources because it's a general Mac resource format; open just a about any (OS9) app with a resource editor and you'll see DITLs for their dialogs (what DLOG stands for is obvious, I hope, and DITL stands for Dialog ITem List). Since it is an Apple format, it is documented by Apple here (beware, it assumes the use of Rez, not ResEdit)

@belthazar, on May 6 2006, 10:04 PM, said in Custom Interface:

Full Screen Map uses DITLs, DLOGs, and PICTs to create its effect. Are you telling me that when you open it in EVNEW all you can see are the PICTs?

Yep. However, when I save it in text form, while it still only shows the three PICTs, the file header says "Number of resources: 6", which is what makes me suspect it can still see them, even if it doesn't show them.