enRLE deRLE

Problems...

Ok, so I've been using PICT sprites this whole time, and I've recently been having some problems with the masks. Particularly the glow masks. Plus, shots are passing through ships all of a sudden, the player ship can't be hit with shots anymore...

It was mentioned that I should try to work in rle8 and rleD as often as possible.

So I just downloaded the EnRLEDeRLE utility.

Then I took my picts, ran them through Photoshop to make sure they were the correct format, then placed them in a new ResEdit file with the shans, and ran that through enRLE.

Then I took the resulting rle8 and rleD files and pasted them into my plug.
This is where it gets strange. After I save the plug, I check the rle8/D resounces, and some of the sprites have been replaced with a spining R & R logo?? But it didn't get switched until after I saved the file.

I presume the R & R refers to EnRLEDeRLE's credits - Ralph & Rodger Sutherland.

But what the heck is going on?

&nbsp

This post has been edited by rmx256 : 21 March 2006 - 07:56 AM

@rmx256, on Mar 21 2006, 11:17 AM, said in enRLE deRLE:

&nbsp

Say what?

@desprez, on Mar 20 2006, 10:57 PM, said in enRLE deRLE:

Then I took my picts, ran them through Photoshop to make sure they were the correct format, then placed them in a new ResEdit file with the shans, and ran that through enRLE.

Just a note: Unlike Nova, EnRLE doesn't care what format your PICTs are in so there's no need to run them through Photoshop first. The R&R logo sounds pretty odd though - I've never seen such a thing before.

@desprez, on Mar 21 2006, 09:38 AM, said in enRLE deRLE:

Say what?

That's his way of saying he was going to say something but thought better of it and removed it. nbsp = non-breaking space.

This post has been edited by Guy : 24 March 2006 - 12:11 AM

@guy, on Mar 23 2006, 08:02 PM, said in enRLE deRLE:

The R&R logo sounds pretty odd though - I've never seen such a thing before.

I have- it pops up in NovaTools when you create a new rlë resource. It could be that EnRle outputs that when it can't make heads or tails of its input, or it could be that due to a mal-formed spďn, it is outputting a blank rlë.

Edwards