Target Pictures

I know I'm probably going to get a right bollocking for not figuring this out myself... but how do I assign taget picture to ships. Right now when I select a Lightning the target display for a Shuttle shows up.
I just read the EVN bible and it has a little bit on the end of the shďp part of the bible but I'm really not following...
Oh, and I am using ResEdit. :unsure:

If you're using ResEdit with NovaTools, look at the NovaTools menu for little snippets of useful ResID conventions like that. It's something like 3000 + index value of ship.

I'm not using NovaTools. At least as far as I can tell...
Where do I type in the values though?
Or should I just download NovaTools and see if I can figure it out via that?

Yes, you should download NovaTools- ResEdit is of much greater usefulness with it.

Also, read the Nova Bible, it should of been bundled with you copy of Nova.

Alright I will download NovaTools.

I have been reading the Nova bible I just couldnt figure out what it said about the target pictures.

Thanks anyways 🆒

Alright I will download NovaTools.

I have been reading the Nova bible I just couldnt figure out what it said about the target pictures.

Thanks anyways 🆒

There's no value to type in anywhere, you just give the PICT the right ID and it will find it automatically.

The "right RID" in this case being ship index+3000 (or ship RID+2872, the index being RID minus 128). I.E. the Shuttle scan image has an RID of 3000, the Heavy Shuttle an RID of 3001, etc.

Edwards

Oooh, gotcha... Thank you it works now. Heh fantastic. Thanks.

What it's saying at the end is that if you have two (or more) ships with identical shans and one has a target picture, the other(s) will automatically be given the same target picture (this way you don't waste space on unnecessary graphics). So if you have "Shuttle" ID 128 and "Shuttle v.2" ID 129 with different stats but the same graphic, with the same shan for both, and a target picture for "Shuttle", "Shuttle v.2" will automatically be given the same target picture. Make sense?

(Note: this may only work for ships with higher IDs than the ships with the target graphics; I'm not sure.)

Same applies for shipyard pics 🙂