Maya

I just completed my first Nova sprite using Maya! Yay me.

Christ, Maya's complicated. Talk about a learning curve.

Thank god for documentation and on-line tutorials. There must be 20 different ways to do every single task in this program. Heck, there's like four different ways pull up a window.

Congrats Desprez! It isn't easy to move into the world of 3D modelling.

Care to share your work with us? 😄

Nick Anderson, on Nov 21 2005, 12:12 AM, said:

Congrats Desprez! It isn't easy to move into the world of 3D modelling.

Care to share your work with us? 😄
View Post

Well, it's more like moving back into the world of 3D modeling. I've been out of the area for a long time, and the technology has changed quite dramaticaly.

Also, there isn't much to share yet. It was just a simple misile.

However, I have quite a few graphics made for Override that I made with Infini-D (which I was fairly proficient at) Of course that was six years ago, so the bit depth is not as good as you see today.

I never got around to releasing them. But I have no qualms about someone else using them. Though they are more appropriate to EVO and don't work as well with EVN.
Where would I post such items?

Oh, here's a sample of those:
Posted Image

A rare post from Nick!

Anyway, I really like the stations and the ship in the lower left corner. I'll have to redesign one of mine because of that one 😉

That's some pretty cool EVO you have there, I look forward to seeing what you can do with Maya!

If you want make you work available for public use I suggest compiling it in a plugin file and either
hosting it or putting it one the EV Addons pages. You could also preview some of it as you have
done and post a topic in the on these boards asking if any developers would like to use your work.

rmx: This is my second post today, must be some sort of record. 😛

Nice images, Desprez. That takes me back a bit...some years ago I'd been making a brown-colored set of ships for a now-dead plugin concept in Infini-D, too. 😄 I really like the large blocky one just below the fiery planet.

Very nice!

If you want to release them for other developers, I believe that the recently-opened Nurdi (Nova Ultimate Resource Database Initiative) might be an appropriate place. Of course, I have no idea if it's actually gotten off the ground yet.

Edwards

Thanks for the compliments. I felt they were pretty good at the time, especially compared to the stock scenario graphics. Now though, they're way behind the curve.

I'm going to see about zipping them up and uploading them to nurdi. It looks like something is up and running, but it doesn't seem like too much is there yet.