Project Recruitment

As some of you may have heard, I'm working solo on a TC. Sighs 😞 I'm sure I can hear sanity calling somewhere, but I can't make out what it's saying... Taking GCSEs, A-Levels, running the Interplanetary Wargame, and I still insist on doing a TC? Madness.

Anyway, enough of the whining. I've decided that the project has advanced to the point where a)I think that someone might be interested in helping and b )I've learned enough about EVNEW to know that I haven't a hope in hell of finishing this any time soon.

Here's what's complete:

1. All the ship graphics (although the sprites themselves are playing up)
  2. Basic stats for ships for one race, including variants
  3. Most of the weapons stats
  4. The general outline for the story is set up, although nothing is concrete

<From another topic>
By 2087 AD, Earth was roughly divided into two superpowers, in America and Europe. The second cold war had begun. In that year, a scientist successfully developed an artificial virus to act as the next superweapon - a means of devastating the enemy without destroying the cities. Due to an accident, the virus (codenamed Nekron) escaped, and started wiping out the world's population. Both sides assumed that they were under attack, and unleashed their arsenals. By the time a cure for the virus had been developed and some form of peace had been created, 90% of humanity had died.
10 years later, 2100, an alien race named the Centauri landed on Earth and made contact. They offer to help the humans, and and the humans officially become the Terran Colonies, a semi-independent part of the Centauri League.
That's general background info.

The factions are:
Terran Colonies

Centauri League: Run by the Centauri, who are generally nice people. A bit like the Miranu in EVO.

Pursk Imperium: Praski (Singular Pursk) are militaristic and unpredictable, but have officially stopped their wars of expansion. 'Officially'. They also have a nasty secret in the form of these guys...

Silent Watchers: Breakaway Pursk faction with dreams of galactic domination. They use a lot of infiltration and for most of the strings are trying to take over control of another faction. The big villains of the piece.

Skerathi Empire: Insectoid imperialists with a bad track record. They once controlled most of the galaxy, but their power is waning. There are some who are trying to get this back, though.

Tren Protectorate: Cyborgs (and honestly, I didn't know about the Tron movie before I made up the name for these guys - this is a story I've been working on for years) who use massive cargo ships to move around the galaxy. They have enough firepower and armour to mean that if they ever went on the offensive, very little could even slow them.

<From another, different topic>
Here's a quick rundown of the organisation for classes:
Scouts come in various flavours, all with the idea of intel gathering. You've essentially got the ridiculously fast, highly fragile ones and the larger, slower, stealthy ones.
Then you've got Fighters and Bombers - I split those up in EV by making fighters faster, and bombers only have one or two gun slots, but get a special, smaller-than-usual rocket launcher.
Then all the usual rigmarole - Gunships, corvettes, frigates, cruisers, carriers, battleships. To try and make it balance out, the bigger something is, the slower it is (obviously), and to get around the PDS imbalance, you need to make a choice about what you want. You want PDS? Fine, but you'll get pasted by the big guns (which are slow firing, probably have limited firing arcs, and cause lots of damage - not ideal against fighters, in other words). Go the other way, and you're liable to get Trench Run Disease as you simply can't fire enough shots to get rid of the fighters. If you go halfway, you get both problems. For a successful fleet engagement, you need a good mixture of ships.

Carriers aren't the weedy things they are in EVN - the smallest one launches 6 fighters, the largest can spit out 24 at you. On the other hand, to have all this room, they've got very little weaponry, so they need protection.

And then for tactics, each race in the plug has their own special tricks up their sleeve.

Centauri use their capital ships from a distance, bombarding the enemy with Accelerator cannon (read 'Railgun') fire, while their carriers launch their unpleasant cloaking fighters. These fighters and bombers only decloak to fire, so you never know where they are.

Skerathi rely on capital ships with plenty of close-in fire, and use a steady advancing line to drive their enemies back while their carriers and fighters swarm around the edges, preventing a sideways breakout.

Pursk use terrifyingly fast and powerful ships to divebomb enemy lines before withdrawing before they take too much damage - their ships are quite frail.

And finally Tren simply let the enemy come to them if they want to - Tren warships are the slowest in the game, but easily the most powerful, with a nasty array of both long-range and close-in weapons.

Is anyone interested?

This post has been edited by Chrome Falcon : 14 October 2005 - 11:55 AM

If you send me stats, descs, or sprites; I can work on your TC some. Send me a personal message through this web board with outfit and weapon stats or ship stats and I'll send you a plug-in of them when I finish it.

I'm fully capable to take on the prospect of designing at least a good portion of ship/weapon technology statistics-you could call that a specialty of mine. Simply give me a message if you're interested-and the required information of descriptions and the like, if they have been written-and I'll see what I can do.

I do have one or two terms, but they can be described if the rest sounds appealing.

Several samples of previous technology for similar games/projects can be provided if necessary.

-Bob

This post has been edited by Consul Bob : 15 October 2005 - 08:17 AM

i could probably help on some of the weap, syst, spob, ship, pers, outf, flet, dude, desc, or char resorces, but i am unable to do any other resorces.

I would help out, but after the bitter fate of the last TC I worked on, I've decided never to work on a EV plug again.

Ever.

😞

I do deny the 'bitter fate' to which you refer, categorically and on the record.

😉

The EV Dev scene is beginning to look a lot like another season of Days Of Our Lives.

I'd be willing to do ship/weapon desc's. I could also do some writing if you need it, but I'm afraid my main skill lyes in graphics artistry, and all your ships are done.

Anaxagoras, on Oct 17 2005, 10:42 PM, said:

The EV Dev scene is beginning to look a lot like another season of Days Of Our Lives.
View Post

:laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for the input.

Prime: If you mean 'ships only' by graphics artistry, then yes, I'm afraid that that area is done. If you are open to trying space stations or planets...

apache1990: Say again? I think I missed your meaning there...

I'll make plug-in resource files from any statistics and descriptions you send me, if you need your ideas and graphics made into EVN plug-ins (as a TC of course). I could also make outfits, if needed.

This post has been edited by apache1990 : 18 November 2005 - 09:49 AM

Since Apache has brought this topic up again, I will take the opportunity to inform you that I am still available for service.

-Bob

chrome falcon:i have an idea that might help. if you could add a list of everything that needs to be completed, and a list of all that has been completed, we could decide what we should work on. first we would decide our assignment, then we would make a post saying that we chose that assignment allowing others to know that the certain assignment is being worked on. once an assignment is complete, the list should be updated(or edited).