Cold Fusion for windows...?

I am not having any success whatsoever converting the mac version, or rather I'm having no luck decompressing the darn files, despite making sure the macbinary format thing is checked in stuffit. So if anyone has the .rez versions of the files, I'd be very happy if I could get them. Or, if there might be anything glaringly wrong I'm forgetting about unpacking the darn files, pointing it out would be a boon.

would .zip version of the files work? i can add the cold fusion files in .zip to this post, if that would be helpful.

phyco with power1, on Aug 16 2005, 02:01 PM, said:

would .zip version of the files work? i can add the cold fusion files in .zip to this post, if that would be helpful.View Post

Actually, you couldn't. The Cold Fusion files are over 9MB compressed, and the limit on attachment size is 100KB.

As for decompressing the .sit files, are you using Stuffit 9.0? It sounds like you might have 7.5. I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but it might.

Edwards

I tried both, actually. The 7.5 actually seemed to be slightly mroe effective than the 9.0, because I could at least get the readme file... sigh...

Hmmm....

I know many have successfully unstuffed and converted Cold Fusion for Nova for use on PCs, but newer versions of Stuffit may be failing in newer and more exciting ways....

Unless I get reports of people who have recently installed CFN on PCs without horrendous difficulties, I'll look into uploading a .zip version "sometime soon."

OK -- Here's Cold Fusion for Nova, now binned & zipped. This version will have a link on my home page just as soon as I find the time to do it!

Awesome, and pretty. You rock.

How about rEVisted? I can't get it to unstuff properly and the zipped version has decided that it is corrupted. Any help?

I'm dragging this topic out of retirement because I just got an email that's directly related, and am hoping someone out there can help me out. I had told a PC user to try the binned-and-zipped version of Cold Fusion for Nova, and got this response:

Hmmmm, it works quite well, except for one problem... The "Ships in Space" .bin when converted becomes a file named resource.map and has no effect on the actual appearance of the ships in the game. The stay the same as they always were. Everything else looks wonderful. Thanks. If there's a way to fix that last problem, that would be awesome.

At 8.5 MB, "CFN Ships in Space.bin" is the largest file in the .zip archive and contains all the ship RLEs; I guess the other 7 .bins converted properly to plugs. I'm a Mac guy, so I can say that all 8 .bins decode properly for me, but I don't know anything about the limitations off the converter that comes with WinNova. Do I need to split that plug into two smaller ones, or what?

This post has been edited by Dr. Trowel : 27 September 2005 - 02:23 PM

Well it works fine for me when I use the mac version of the convertor. Tell him to try converting it again or maybe even downloading it again.
Btw, seeing how you like EVO, have you tried the 'update' I posted further down? I'd like some people to test it out before I release it.