Moving fields in Comm dialog, etc.

In redesigning the Nova interface for my TC, some fields have been moved around a bit.

I know these are controlled by resources within the EV Nova application itself. But can I get any specifics, please? Can mods change these (on both Mac and Windows)? Which resources exactly need to be replaced?

Lindley, on Sep 9 2005, 09:16 PM, said:

In redesigning the Nova interface for my TC, some fields have been moved around a bit.

I know these are controlled by resources within the EV Nova application itself. But can I get any specifics, please? Can mods change these (on both Mac and Windows)? Which resources exactly need to be replaced?View Post

The resources involved are the DITL (and to a lesser extent DLOG) resources. The best editor I know of for them is ResEdit, although some other Mac programs exist that can edit them. There is no Windows editor for DITLs, as EVNEW can't edit them, and other than Nova, there is no point in editing a Mac-only resource, in a Mac-only file format, on a Windows system.

Once you edit DITLs/DLOGs and put them in a plug, they will be used properly by both Mac and Windows Nova.

Some more information can be found in the second half of this thread.

Edwards

Edwards, on Sep 9 2005, 10:47 PM, said:

The best editor I know of for them is ResEdit, although some other Mac programs exist that can edit them.

You just wait...;)

This post has been edited by orcaloverbri9 : 10 September 2005 - 10:52 PM