Making the government change when you dominate?

Can someone make a plugin where the government for a system changes when you dominate a planet? Or can someone show me how to get the EVN tools to work and how to use them? This is for PC if that helps at all.

This post has been edited by Gremlin360 : 27 August 2005 - 05:55 PM

Gremlin360, on Aug 27 2005, 10:46 PM, said:

Or can someone show me how to get the EVN tools to work and how to use them? This is for PC if that helps at all.
View Post

You'll have to tell us what the problem is before we can help you there. There shouldn't be any difficulty in getting it to work. Read the pinned topics and make sure you've got the right program.

This post has been edited by Guy : 27 August 2005 - 06:25 PM

Ok, looking at just one system with one planet for the moment, you'll need to set a bit in the OnDominate field of the planet, call it bxxx. Then you'll need to add !bxxx to the Visibility field of the system, and create a new system which is identical to the first, only the government is "Dominated" or whatever, and place bxxx in the Visibility field. Note that the planet in the new system needs to have the "Start off dominated" flag set.

Now, to expand this to the whole Nova universe, you'll need a unique bit for each planet and station, and a new s˙st resource to correspond to each planet and station. Note that the bit structure gets really complicated for four-planet systems, since to take in to account the different order that players dominate planets, you require some sixteen resources. Another catch is that random missions would no longer work, since Nova requires a destination that will not be changed by a mission bit. Also, this may or may not work in PC Nova 1.0.6 - it tends to have a fit if the Nxxx operator is used while the player is in flight, but I don't know what would happen if the visibility of a system changed while the player was in flight...

In my opinion, it's just not worth the effort.

To Guy: I tried using tools from http://w00tware.ev-nova.net/ but I never got any to work because they were all files I couldn't access unless I had a certain program.

To Belthazar: If it really isn't worth the effort then I guess I'll hide the borders of the governments. I just thought it would look better to see the galaxy under one government than three.

Gremlin360, on Aug 28 2005, 10:45 AM, said:

To Guy: I tried using tools from http://w00tware.ev-nova.net/ but I never got any to work because they were all files I couldn't access unless I had a certain program.

That's because those are all Mac plugin editors. The sole PC editor is EVNEW.

To Belthazar: If it really isn't worth the effort then I guess I'll hide the borders of the governments. I just thought it would look better to see the galaxy under one government than three.

You can do it if you like - don't let me discourage you. Some people would probably love you for it. I personally don't consider it worth the effort, but you may think otherwise.

Gremlin360, on Aug 27 2005, 11:45 PM, said:

View Post

Ah yes, those are mac tools. Check the Important Links topic to find the windows program.

An other bit question: The ncbs of all planets are the same at 'When the player dominates the planet' and at 'When this planet is destroyed'. What does they do? Do they change the planet to dominated, or do they only start the 'Avoid ...' missions?

It just sets the bit. They dont set the planet to "Dominated". All they do is tell Avoid... missions to start.