ARPIA2 Trailer!

Forgive our lateness?

Folks, here is finally something from us (we hope you'll forgive our being late 😉 ). The ARPIA Team is proud to present the ARPIA2 Trailer (animation by modesty_blaise_us, sound by yours truly).

Small version
Big trailer (for broadband, )

ARPIA2 (progress log here) adds 3 new major storylines to EV Nova, woven in parallel. Have you ever wanted to play the regular member, not the public figure? Or the person who stays in the shadows? In ARPIA2 you get to choose your path. But beware: one choice can change the future, and the future holds many surprises Do you have what it takes?
At first, it is a new system made available once you get to know Arpia (if you succeed in finding it). It soon becomes a gold mine for new ships and outfits. Though that is not the only gold mine. Due to this new application of their properties, the market in Gwaark Bacteria has taken massive proportions, and there is money in it It has always been everyone's dream to fight off entire fleets by oneself, to become a big-time rich trader, to do covert ops and to know everyone, everywhere. Well, here's your chance.

It will be released as soon as pipeline's graphics come in.

Nice...Can't wait.

Beautiful trailer. Can't wait for the plug.

Bros. Chick rule. They're the only reason I'll get through this...

Dave @ ATMOS

With 'one choice can change many things', do you mean with that something like the A and B strings in the Rebel and Polaris storylines?

Frequency 245, on Aug 16 2005, 01:03 PM, said:

With 'one choice can change many things', do you mean with that something like the A and B strings in the Rebel and Polaris storylines?
View Post

Wait and see
hogunic grin

:huh: 🙂 🙂 😄 :laugh: :blink: How big is this (meg-wise)?!

Sylvanus, on Aug 18 2005, 03:30 AM, said:

How big is this (meg-wise)?!
View Post

If it's ARPIA2 you're wondering about, it's 12.7 or something Mb for the zipped version so far, but bear in mind I still need to receive pipeline's graphics.

Videos are 1.7Mb and 3.2Mb I think..
although I'm not sure.

This post has been edited by modesty_blaise_us : 18 August 2005 - 03:17 AM

My graphics are probably going to add... um, about another 12 meg, I'd say.

Sod. We may need to find a file-host, Pace.

pipeline, on Aug 18 2005, 01:10 PM, said:

My graphics are probably going to add... um, about another 12 meg, I'd say.

Sod. We may need to find a file-host, Pace.
View Post

No worries, mate. Spymac is on my side 😉

24 Megs or more! <_< That will take an eon to download on my connection (stupid cheep internet servers).(Not to say I wont download it. 😉 ) I wish I had Spymac on my side. :mad:

Hrm. Well, it should be worth it.

Will the PC and Mac versions come out at the same time 😛 , or will us poor blokes have to convert <_< .

Sylvanus, on Aug 20 2005, 10:28 PM, said:

Will the PC and Mac versions come out at the same time 😛 , or will us poor blokes have to convert <_< .
View Post

Normally, there will be one and one version only, for Mac but convertible (as is the rule nowadays).
Unfortunately, right now, there seem to be problems with my PC testers, so I'll maybe have to make a separate WinNova bundle.
Everything depends on what happens in the few days to come

Pace (haldora), on Aug 20 2005, 08:35 PM, said:

Normally, there will be one and one version only, for Mac but convertible (as is the rule nowadays).
Unfortunately, right now, there seem to be problems with my PC testers, so I'll maybe have to make a separate WinNova bundle.
Everything depends on what happens in the few days to come
View Post

When the time comes to upload to ambrosia's ftp servers, you can find a PC user to convert it and upload a second file. It's very easy to do, no need to complicate things for the player.

And if there are still problems with the PC version like you said, than you'll definitely need to have different files.

Insomniac, on Aug 21 2005, 12:56 AM, said:

When the time comes to upload to ambrosia's ftp servers, you can find a PC user to convert it and upload a second file. It's very easy to do, no need to complicate things for the player.

And if there are still problems with the PC version like you said, than you'll definitely need to have different files.
View Post

I disagree. If there are no problems with the PC version then there's no need to swamp Ambrosia's addons pages. Converting is very simple, as long as you upload it in the right format. And if there are problems with the PC version then it will likely need only minor changes which can be made to the mac version too, so you still only need one upload.

Insomniac, on Aug 20 2005, 06:56 PM, said:

When the time comes to upload to ambrosia's ftp servers, you can find a PC user to convert it and upload a second file. It's very easy to do, no need to complicate things for the player.View Post

There are some good reasons to post just a single version. Popularity is more obvious with one download than two, one download takes up less space on Ambrosia's servers, and there will be no problem with people accidentally getting the wrong version. And if you pack a Mac plug properly (.bin.zip) there is almost no difficulty in converting it to Windows, as you don't need to mess around with Stuffit.

The only real excuse for posting a plug twice is if it can't be successfully converted to the opposite platform (as in the case of rEV, and, possibly, ARPIA 2).

Heh... And towards the bottom of the thread, Pace underestimates himself: "...I doubt (ARPIA 2) could ever get to 12.5 MB." 😛

Edwards

I'm still unsure about the whole sitx vs zip thing. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each? Sitx is easier for the uploader (just one step) and also easier for OS X downloaders as OS X will unzip and discard a zip archive by itself, leaving you to decode the bin files separately.

Guy, on Aug 20 2005, 11:43 PM, said:

I'm still unsure about the whole sitx vs zip thing. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each? Sitx is easier for the uploader (just one step) and also easier for OS X downloaders as OS X will unzip and discard a zip archive by itself, leaving you to decode the bin files separately.
View Post

The last I heard there still some problems with decompressing .sitx on windows in a way that would preserve the resource forks.