Plug-in questions

1. How can I change a syst with a plug?

2. Is it possible to make a new type of an old ship (perhaps a Pirate carrier)?

Thanks for your answers.

Frequency 245, on Jul 24 2005, 01:09 PM, said:

1. How can I change a syst with a plug?

2. Is it possible to make a new type of an old ship (perhaps a Pirate carrier)?

Thanks for your answers.
View Post

It's all in the EV(x) Bible, which is downloadable from the utilities section of the relevant add-ons page on this site.

There are also some good programs available for free to help you do this, including the excellent Mission Computer, also downloadable from the add-ons page.

Call me stupid, but I couldn't find the Bible under the utilities section. Where is it?

It sounds like you're using EVN based on what you said about the Pirate Carrier, so look in the Documentation folder within the EV Nova folder.

I couldn't find the answer.
My last question wasn't completly right I meant how can Nova know if I make a new type of a Pirate Carrier that it should look like a Pirate Carrier and not like a Shuttle? Must I enter anywhere the ID of a Pirate carrier, or something like that?

Every ship requires a shan of the same ID. Make a copy of the pirate carrier shan and give it the same ID as your ship.

Thanks Guy, I hope it helps.

Is it possible to replace a spöb, a syst or an oütf with a plug?

You can replace anything (including things not listed in the Bible, but don't worry about that just yet). You could make the Polaris allied with the Pirates if you wanted, although I don't know how well that would workj since the Pirates are Xenophobic.

That's an interesting idea...what happens if you make a Xenophobic government allied with another government? Just for fun, what about two Xenophobic governments?

orcaloverbri9, on Jul 25 2005, 10:32 AM, said:

You can replace anything (including things not listed in the Bible, but don't worry about that just yet). You could make the Polaris allied with the Pirates if you wanted, although I don't know how well that would workj since the Pirates are Xenophobic.

That's an interesting idea...what happens if you make a Xenophobic government allied with another government? Just for fun, what about two Xenophobic governments?
View Post

I'm pretty sure they don't attack each other, if that's what you're asking.

orcaloverbri9, on Jul 25 2005, 04:32 AM, said:

That's an interesting idea...what happens if you make a Xenophobic government allied with another government? Just for fun, what about two Xenophobic governments?View Post

According to the Nova Bible:

0x0001     Xenophobic (Warships of this govt attack everyone except their
             allies. Useful for making pirates and other nasties.)

Edwards

Ah. Well that's no fun. 🙂

orcaloverbri9, on Jul 25 2005, 12:32 PM, said:

View Post

Must I only do a new, for example, weapon with the ID of an old to replace the old?

Frequency 245, on Jul 27 2005, 11:01 AM, said:

Must I only do a new, for example, weapon with the ID of an old to replace the old?View Post

Correct. If you make a new resource (such as a weapon) with the same Resource ID as an existing resource, the new resource will replace the one from the data files.

Edwards