Spob help

Hmmm

Hi I was wondering if someone could explain to me what i need on EVNEW to put a govt. and spob. in the middle of the obatta system. Cause when i try and i jump into the system my screen goes black and EVN quits.

Thanks

OK, you have to make sure you gave the spob a graphic, under the Y position. Also, make sure the Y and X positions are set to 0. In the system make sure under Stellat Objects you have put the ID of the spob. Maybe you put that under Hyperlinks and that messed it up? And try not to run over any IDs, even in systems, cuz that could mess it up.

Because you will have to modify the Obatta Syst as well, unless you're directly editing the data files, make sure that your new system with your planet has visibility bits that don't conflict with something. Systems that take each other's places should ideally have mutually exclusive visbits. Honestly, I would use EVNEW to copy the Obatta syst and paste it into your plug, then add in your spob and govt. as needed.

Thanks for the help i didnt know about the y x pos. at zero but i kinda knew the other stuff and it still doesnt work

if u can help in any other way thet would be great

thanks

Are you sure you have a graphic for the planet? Without any more information, it is hard to be helpful. Hyperspace links will never crash the comp, thats all i can say.

Also make sure it doesnt contain any broken ships. If you have dudes set already, remove them and see if that fixes it. If it doesnt, its almost definately a problem with either the spob, or the message bouy. Set the message to -1 instead of 0, that might solve it aswell.

NebuchadnezzaR, on Jun 13 2005, 04:40 PM, said:

Are you sure you have a graphic for the planet? Without any more information, it is hard to be helpful. Hyperspace links will never crash the comp, thats all i can say.

Also make sure it doesnt contain any broken ships. If you have dudes set already, remove them and see if that fixes it. If it doesnt, its almost definately a problem with either the spob, or the message bouy. Set the message to -1 instead of 0, that might solve it aswell.
View Post

I managed to get it to work but by the way i had a chlorine atmosphere graphic and no dudes.

Thanks

zapp, on Jun 13 2005, 10:29 AM, said:

Also, make sure the Y and X positions are set to 0.
View Post

by the way... Wtf?

NebuchadnezzaR, on Jun 14 2005, 08:51 PM, said:

by the way... Wtf?

Beat me to it. 🙂

They can be up to enormous numbers. Not sure exactly (ie. I don't know which power of 2), but 0 just sticks it in the middle, which isn't always what you want.

Of course it isn't always what you want, but it is what the person who started this topics wants, judging by his or her use of the words, "in the middle of".

Thanks everyone i got the spob to work. I now just cant give it a defence fleet. I tried to make the dude resource and attack it to the spob but it just doesnt work someone help please.

Thanks

Eragon, on Jun 16 2005, 01:30 PM, said:

Thanks everyone i got the spob to work. I now just cant give it a defence fleet. I tried to make the dude resource and attack it to the spob but it just doesnt work someone help please.View Post

Try capturing the spob, releasing it, and demanding tribute again. I seem to recall a "feature" of the game where, if a spob does not exist when a pilot is created, the spob's defence fleet will not have any ships, at least until it regains some (at 1 per month or so), or until you "catch-and-release" it.

Edwards

Edwards, on Jun 16 2005, 11:57 AM, said:

Try capturing the spob, releasing it, and demanding tribute again. I seem to recall a "feature" of the game where, if a spob does not exist when a pilot is created, the spob's defence fleet will not have any ships, at least until it regains some (at 1 per month or so), or until you "catch-and-release" it.

Edwards
View Post

Thanks Il try that il let u know if it works

Edwards, on Jun 16 2005, 01:57 PM, said:

Edwards
View Post

That's exactly what happens. I think the problem is that since the planet doesn't exist, the game sets the defense fleet to zero. When the spob is "activated" by having a resource that creates it, a new pilot has to be created as well, otherwise the game still reads the def fleet as zero. Capturing and releasing, if you don't want to start a new pilot, will be your best bet. 🙂

That worked thanks.

I now have created a new system. I tried to make it lik S7evyn and not have any links to jump to other systems and only have a wormhole to the obatta system. The obatta system would have a corresponding wormhole to my new system. The wormholes work fine but for some reason even though all the hyperlinks are set to -1 my new system has a link to the Vega system. I would post my plug here but it it too large. So what i did is just put the system, spob, dude, and spin resources and thats all. Maybe you can figure it out.

Thanks

NM I figured out that my system actually replaced the fire system. I changed it and it works

This post has been edited by Eragon : 16 June 2005 - 04:17 PM

Eragon, on Jun 16 2005, 05:10 PM, said:

The wormholes work fine but for some reason even though all the hyperlinks are set to -1 my new system has a link to the Vega system.
View Post

That's because the Vega system resource is still linking to your modified system, but not the other way around.