RNE Plug-In

There's quite a difference between a post to a webboard and serious writing for a plug. I hold the latter to a higher standard than the former, and I'm sure that most others do as well, though I do see the irony.

What's there is pretty much a summary, and it isn't done either.Many little details that make a major difference will be accounted for. The polaris alliance with the Aurorans, well, that will take place in a series of at leat...at LEAST 20 missions. Of course, that means you'll have to have a lot of patience and have to be willing to go through a lot to finish this storyline. But in the end you will have some great outfits and ships.

I wrote that small summery while i was on vacation on a laptop, so it's really no big thing so far. That's the bare bones of what it's gonna be. Like i said before. Massive storyline.

Slayer LP-5, on Apr 24 2005, 12:54 AM, said:

Of course, that means you'll have to have a lot of patience and have to be willing to go through a lot to finish this storyline. But in the end you will have some great outfits and ships.
View Post

Personally, I think that that's the wrong attitude to take toward a plugin—is it just going to add a new storyline, or will it be something totally unique and innovative? Umpteen courier missions is not innovative, just tedious and boring.

Sorry to be harsh, but the most I can see coming out of your plug right now is just another Nova storyline with some unbalanced weapons and ships available at the end.

Slayer LP-5, on Apr 23 2005, 03:27 PM, said:

Okay Sylvanus, you can help. Go to our forums and post there.
View Post

Isn't he on (insert number above 2) dev teams?

Mispeled, on Apr 24 2005, 08:44 AM, said:

Personally, I think that that's the wrong attitude to take toward a plugin—is it just going to add a new storyline, or will it be something totally unique and innovative? Umpteen courier missions is not innovative, just tedious and boring.

Sorry to be harsh, but the most I can see coming out of your plug right now is just another Nova storyline with some unbalanced weapons and ships available at the end.
View Post

It's not just a storyline, and the weapons aren't unbalanced. It's going to be unique and not just courier missions. There will be all sorts. Battles, protecting, maybe even taking ovver planets. The weapons will be earned and it may require that you use them for cirtain missions. It will all weave togother.

And about Sylvanus...i don't really mind. It's an open project. It's for anyone who wants to help and it's no secret.

Well, I didnt want to start a public debate about grammer :unsure: , I dont bother with a it as much here as I do on story lines. My opinoin is that the main point is to get a qualliety story, then proof-read. Lets face the trooth I, along with manny other people in our grammaticly wrong world cant spel (some are in a hurry). We have the God sent spell check. Now after I have finished my very boring campaign on grammer, sorry if I didnt follow proticol. I'll visit your forums right now.

P.S. I'd rather ask now and sound ignorent than be ignorent later, I believe I'm not on a developer team, should I have volenteered a your sight instead of here? Sorry if I screwed up. 😞

Sylvanus, on Apr 24 2005, 10:30 PM, said:

Well, I didnt want to start a public debate about grammer:unsure: , I dont bother with a it as much here as I do on story lines. My opinoin is that the main point is to get a qualliety story, then proof-read. Lets face the trooth I, along with manny other people in our grammaticly wrong world cant spel (some are in a hurry). We have the God sent spell check. Now after I have finished my very boring campaign on grammer , sorry if I didnt follow proticol. I'll visit your forums right now.

P.S. I'd rather ask now and sound ignorent than be ignorent later, I believe I'm not on a developer team, should I have volenteered a your sight instead of here? Sorry if I screwed up. 😞
View Post

I assume you were taking the piss with your post there.

pp0u20e8, on Apr 24 2005, 05:11 PM, said:

I assume you were taking the piss with your post there.
View Post

Like I said, this is about the plugin, not grammar.

Slayer LP-5, on Apr 24 2005, 11:16 PM, said:

Like I said, this is about the plugin, not grammar.
View Post

That may be true, but on these boards we do appreciate it greatly if people write correct English. Grammar not so much, but spelling is very important if people are actually expected to read your posts. These are the Ambrosia boards, not AOL chat.

edit- if I haven't anything nice to say I'll say noting at all.

This is between Sylvanus and the organisers of this plug. We should leave it to them. Slayer LP-5 is apparently in the position to judge the calibre of Sylvanus- leaving you, pp0u20e8, out of the consultative process. So sorry.

This post has been edited by rmx256 : 24 April 2005 - 08:20 PM

First of all, those who have been yelling at pp0u20e8 for his grammer corrections should take a look at his member title.

Second of all, get this topic together. All this bickering isn't doing anything. Infact it's driving people away. It is hardly making me interisted to download this plugin when it's done, much less help with it.

Also, no offence, but your website and forums give me a feelling of unprofesionallity of the creators of this plug. Having the Yahoo! advertisments on your website really degrades it. If you want a good website, host it yourself. And your forums. They could use a lot of work. A new skin first of all. Perhaps some modifications and scripts too.

general11, on Apr 24 2005, 08:29 PM, said:

First of all, those who have been yelling at pp0u20e8 for his grammer corrections should take a look at his member title.

Second of all, get this topic together. All this bickering isn't doing anything. Infact it's driving people away. It is hardly making me interisted to download this plugin when it's done, much less help with it.

Also, no offence, but your website and forums give me a feelling of unprofesionallity of the creators of this plug. Having the Yahoo! advertisments on your website really degrades it. If you want a good website, host it yourself. And your forums. They could use a lot of work. A new skin first of all. Perhaps some modifications and scripts too.
View Post

No kidding about the website. I gave the link to poofy107 so he could see what the story so far was and he posted it...i really don't care and i didn't mind it. I also thought you guys would think of it like that. I only put it there so i could ensure it all worked. The final version is going to be complete and not be hosted from yahoo. None of those ads. And the forum...maybe i'll do some remodeling. But really, this isn't a project that is going to take years.

To tell you the truth, i don't really care how professional it looks from the outside. I only care how professional it looks when it's done.

This post has been edited by Slayer LP-5 : 24 April 2005 - 09:50 PM

Well, for what its worth, pp0u20e8, I agree with you...

general11, on Apr 24 2005, 09:29 PM, said:

....Having the Yahoo! advertisments on your website really degrades it....
View Post

There aren't any advertisements on the site. I just checked every page and not a single advertisement.

<_< Well some people do have to be done before class bell rings and don't have time to check, but if you mind I will be more careful. I still haven't had time to really check the websight and am sorry about that, my computer has been dissabled by Nortin Antivirus 2005. It will ruin your computer don't buy it! :mad: I've been forced to use crapy school computers

That sucks...I've never used an antivirus and i don't plan to have to. Hope you get your computer back soon. Then you'll be able to use evn again.

Yup Norton 2003 - good

Norton 2004 - bad

Norton 2005 - death to all

pp0u20e8, on Apr 28 2005, 06:31 PM, said:

Yup Norton 2003 - good

Norton 2004 - bad

Norton 2005 - death to all
View Post

You know how I feel. :laugh: You know, the Symantec company added a manual uninstalation for it right after they relised it wouldn't uninstal. Ha! I was going to post a topic like this a while ago, never got around to it. (because of Norton)

P.S. I don't care that much about the sight, it's fine for me. 😉

Okay, that's cool.

Hey, can I help?