How do you make multiple starting chars?

I put two starting characters, but whenever I try to start a new pilot, when I press the 'Character' box, a white, empty box comes up under it. I don't know what to do!!!

zapp, on Apr 29 2005, 08:05 PM, said:

I put two starting characters, but whenever I try to start a new pilot, when I press the 'Character' box, a white, empty box comes up under it. I don't know what to do!!!
View Post

I haven't had this bug, but the starting characters function definitely does not work properly and should be avoided.

Sorry.

Martin

I believe it's a Windows-only bug. Replacing ID 128 works fine, however.

Martin Turner, on Apr 29 2005, 02:45 PM, said:

I haven't had this bug, but the starting characters function definitely does not work properly and should be avoided.
View Post

Could you elaborate on that little? I know that they don't work on Windows, but I haven't run into any problems in the Mac version...

Edwards, on Apr 30 2005, 12:37 AM, said:

Could you elaborate on that little? I know that they don't work on Windows, but I haven't run into any problems in the Mac version...
View Post

Missions leak back in even if you set a bit to prevent them.

I figured out how to do it. Make the plug that changes the game, and then make another plug that has several .rez or .sit files in it. In each of these is a char resource with ID of 128, and you just put the starting character you want in the plug folder. I solved my own problem! Yeah! Pigs can fly!