Beforemath

Pace (haldora), on Mar 30 2005, 02:38 PM, said:

Here's what I did in Illustrator in a few minutes:

Posted Image

(not at all perfect yet, but that's because if you want better, you have to ask ๐Ÿ˜› )
View Post

Neat.. Iยดll have to read that book too.

I keep wondering if this is:
- A test of the community.
- A parody of this topic.
- Real.

modesty_blaise_us, on Mar 30 2005, 04:07 PM, said:

Neat.. Iยดll have to read that book too.
View Post

Well, seeing as I started giving hints to this topic sometime in the second week of March I'd say its not a parody. But I did worry people might think that or something...

To everybody else: Sorry I haven't answered all the various questions, I hit an oddly busy week right after my birthday. I'll get around to answers in a couple of days.

modesty_blaise_us, on Mar 30 2005, 10:07 PM, said:

- A test of the community.
- Real.
View Post

๐Ÿ˜„ I'm sure it's the parody option!
Though I have to say, most people would agree with you (I among others).

Ragashingo and the others, you have us all amused (some are puzzled or terrified, but not everyone). Are you waiting for Friday to shout: "APRIL FOOLS!"? Or are you waiting a decade to say "WE TOLD YOU SO"?
(somehow I doubt the second idea I'm an "april fools" sympathiser)

Ragashingo, on Mar 30 2005, 09:16 PM, said:

Well, seeing as I started giving hints to this topic sometime in the second week of March I'd say its not a parody. But I did worry people might think that or something...
View Post

Said the cute hippo, while he stared innocently at me.
๐Ÿ˜‰

Iยดll leave it at that.. Time will show.

ph33r beforemath. It will get you.

general11, on Mar 29 2005, 06:35 AM, said:

This was believable (somewhat) untill you mentioned the 40,000 missions.

If, however, you do decide to work on this, please, please don't sacrifice Aftermath.
View Post

I assure you, we have no intention of canceling Aftermath.

modesty_blaise_us, on Mar 29 2005, 05:24 PM, said:

:blink: :blink:
Have read The Da Vinci Code during eastern
Tries to figure out if "Beforemath" has an anagram

"For the beam" That is even worse then "Beforemath".

Gives up

:blink: :blink:
View Post

Oh noes! They've figured it out!

Before I forget: April Fools. ๐Ÿ˜›

(for those who hadn't yet understood it)

We were going to drag it out a bit farther with some screenshots and all, but real life kept us busier then we wanted to be.

Indeed, just a joke, peoples. ๐Ÿ˜›

However, when the joke was proposed, I thought it sounded pretty freaking awesome as a real (but largely unachievable) project. If anyone wants to take inspiration from these ideas - the universe passing you by when you die, then the player's involvement being thrown back in at another point, for example - I'd love to see it! ๐Ÿ™‚

Someone should compile all of the feature requests for an EV4 engine....

Ahh...so it was a joke. And a bad one at that.

Here's a hint; april fools joke should be posted in...april.

I feel betrayed. I was all excited to work on the new project and everything ๐Ÿ˜ž

But yeah, that's it.

Too bad. It seemed too good to be true, and it was.

Well... for an April Fool's joke, that looked like it took too much effort. ๐Ÿ˜›

Although, that would be frickin awsome...

BTW, Genesis guys, I think the universe passing by could be a more elegant solution to death, rather than our previous stupid way.

We are still quite happily working on Aftermath though. That's the good news ;).

I only just read it today, but before I saw the post, I doubted it. I figured it was a joke immediately because you'd be digging yourself into a hole you couldn't get out of. You seem to be a damn good team (regardless of the fact some of your team members and I have had some... disagreements. In fact, if I join the Aftermath IRC channel I get the message "Enemy of the Aftermath" from the bot) but what "Beforemath" there claims to do is near impossible. Aside from that, it's doubtful that the team would bog themselves down with a second project when they've got the glorious Aftermath.