Multiplayer System

Dream on they said, I am but I need you!

So: I'm makeing a plug in that has a system attached to sol,which has its own government and you can go here and talk to other evo members as well as kick their a**es 😄 .BUT I can't do the programming:I need a program to connect to the internet and swap data telling me other players ships, outfits and cargo as well as their position, if the've landed or if there talking to you. If so, what r they saying!!! :blink: I wonder If ANYONE here can fullfill theese requirments... :rolleyes: I hope so. They will recieve full credit. 🆒

P.S. If anyone steals my idea, i will be annoyed to put it mildly... <_< unless you macke it for nova or ev. 😛

If anyone steals your idea, you'll be angry. But, a multiplayer EV isn't your idea, it has been thought about by practically every person who ever played EV. So don't bother trying to take credit for it, it's not exactly a new idea.
You will find that no one will respond to this, because you are asking someone else to do all the work for you, so that you can call it your own plugin. You don't want a plugin, you want a whole new game. No one wants to work on those terms. It's simply not going to happen. There are groups working on EV look alikes that are multiplayer, but they've been working for years without releasing anything.
Since there are a few games that are space RPGs/trader games that have a multiplayer already built in, I would suggest if you want something like that you should try those games. Freespace comes to mind.

This post has been edited by WraithSniper : 15 March 2005 - 04:12 PM

Also, cut down on the smileys. It may just be me, but I find them to be severely annoying, especially when used in extreme excess. Please try to refrain from abusing them, for the sake of those of us who find them very irritating.

I so want to lock this topic.

You want it, you make it.

it seems that you have pissed people off. good work.
it is unlikly that anyone will ever make such a plug-in sadly.
and take it from me, pipeline will end your plug in so fast it will make your monitor spin (dangerous if it is up against a wall). For more information on things getting blocked look at my first say... six topics.
nova people can be a tad touchy {a tad uptight, a tad uppity, a tad snappy, a tad self righteous, a tad tired}
but hey 🙂 thats life.
thats what all the people say (etc. etc.)

Sadly, you clearly have no clue about what a plug-in is, despite you constant babbling about your little "company". A plug-in cannot create a multiplayer environment, with or without the help of an external program. Plus, someone is not going to hand you a new game (which is what you are asking for, like it or not) for free so you can take all the credit for it and get mad at every person who's ever thought of or will think of a multiplayer EV/O/N.

I don't think he specifically mentioned a "company" but all plugs must run on the EV engine, and the only one with rights to modify it is MC Burch, who will soon be retiring.

However, it's possible that after he stops making games MCB will make the nova engine avaible to other people to mess with

one can only hope...:)

darth_vader, on Mar 15 2005, 06:02 PM, said:

I don't think he specifically mentioned a "company" but all plugs must run on the EV engine, and the only one with rights to modify it is MC Burch, who will soon be retiring.

However, it's possible that after he stops making games MCB will make the nova engine avaible to other people to mess with

one can only hope...:)

The 'company' is something he's bragged about in the past, i.e. he always said he was 'president' of Grrenleaf Software.

Ok. i am going to restate everything in a nice easy to understand manner.

BUT I can't do the programming

Learn how. If you want this done, do it yourself. It's as simple as that.

I'm makeing a plug

Sorry, plugs can't do this. What you need to do is make a new game.

I need a program to connect to the internet and swap data telling me other players ships, outfits and cargo as well as their position, if the've landed or if there talking to you. If so, what r they saying!!!

That isn't exactly easy. Games that do have that feature have dedicated servers to do just that. These aren't exactly cheap.

I wonder If ANYONE here can fullfill theese requirments... I hope so.

Do it yourself.

P.S. If anyone steals my idea, i will be annoyed to put it mildly...

You are not the first person who has said that they would do this. In my first week alone on here I saw about five topics of people saying that they wanted to do this. You are NOT the first person who has said that they would do this.

I so want to lock this topic.

Please. Do.

Also, cut down on the smileys. It may just be me, but I find them to be severely annoying, especially when used in extreme excess. Please try to refrain from abusing them, for the sake of those of us who find them very irritating.

Yes. I say that he should be exicuted for his crimes, but that is just me.

You want it, you make it.

Agrees.

it seems that you have pissed people off. good work.

When I am already pissed off. Bad thigs happen to people who do that...

Sadly, you clearly have no clue about what a plug-in is, despite you constant babbling about your little "company". A plug-in cannot create a multiplayer environment, with or without the help of an external program. Plus, someone is not going to hand you a new game (which is what you are asking for, like it or not) for free so you can take all the credit for it and get mad at every person who's ever thought of or will think of a multiplayer EV/O/N.

Heh. I agree.

The 'company' is something he's bragged about in the past, i.e. he always said he was 'president' of Grrenleaf Software.

despite you constant babbling about your little "company"

No such thing. He is a LIAR!

Please don't ask for this anymore. Please, just take a hint.

EDIT: What the f*** is wrong with the quotes?

This post has been edited by general11 : 15 March 2005 - 07:38 PM

I vote pipe.

maybe the double nested quotes in the last line add up to too much?

When I saw that you had been a member for almost a year I thought this was a mildly amusing topic posted by a bored experienced member. Then I saw your post count. So I'm wondering; have you spent the last 11 months on probation for stupid posts and topics?
general11, you had a good idea, but the nice part was a bit too far. Sometimes you must be blatantly obvious and almost rude. Trust me, it works better, I have been on both ends of this method.
fitoprince, go to the EVN boards. You can do this by scrlling to the bottom of this topic and finding the thing that says EV Developers Corner. Click on it, then select EV Nova boards. At the top of the boards there is pinned topic regarding multiplayer EVN. Read it. Or I could give a summary: don't waste anyone's time except your own. It is not going to happen. Or if it will, topics like this do nothing to speed the process.
But I must thank you. Your topic has made me think of an idea for a much easier method of letting players battle each other. That's right, I'm stealing your idea. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Did you understand the smilies better?

@general11: For some reason, the boards don't allow more than 10 quotes per post, or something like that. I think it's been tested...

@fitoprince: As everyone said, EV mulitplayer has been thought of by just about all players of EV. Also, plug-ins are modifiers to the game; they have limitations, and making a completely new game is outside of their power.

/me boggles that noone has locked this yet!

<shameless plug>Ares: Override</shameless plug>