My plug in is going Nova! Run!

(Translation:) I need some help.

Hi, i'm trying to add some Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy memorbillia into Nova (windows) (this has spanned several different things from and you will get the full list when i am done) but i am having trouble with: fleets, dudes, and persons. So anyone who has a working version of one of these (windows) that i can learn from feel free to tell me how to get it.
also i need something better than ms paint as my edited pictures look a little shoddy so if you know where i can download a free, good picture program please let me know.
and i want to convert some wma to wav so if you know of any free software for that it would be helpful.

You'll probably get a better response on the EV Developer's Corner.

Lit Nerd

If you want to see how the various resources work, have a look at how they do things in the standard Nova data files - just make sure you work with copies, just in case you accidentally mess things up.

ankhwatcher, on Feb 21 2005, 06:30 PM, said:

also i need something better than ms paint as my edited pictures look a little shoddy so if you know where i can download a free, good picture program please let me know.
View Post

You might try GIMP.

Moving to the Developer's Corner.

Well, for one thing, such a plug, though small, has been made before. There aren't many (if any) free programs that are better than mspaint. It is possible to get good at mspaint (sadly, I have done it).

Where would you get mspaint? And is it Mac compatible?

The 'ms' stands for Microsoft, it's a windows only program. And trust me, you REALLY don't want to use it.

As was mentioned by someone earlier on, GIMP is a nice free alternative that is cross platform, and has many of the same features as Photoshop.

This post has been edited by Andcarne : 21 February 2005 - 07:24 PM

Of all the Nova things I'm horrable at, dudes, pers,(kinda) and fleets, ect. are one of my specialties. Do tell, what do you need help with. Yes I'm based on windows.(EVNEW) As for the mspaint, can't help you. Sorry.

MS Paint is CRAP. It bears VERY little resemblece to Photoshop. Just use Photoshop. I to have a question relating to dudes and fleets. According to the bible you can refrence fleets in dudes. How is this done?

This post has been edited by general11 : 22 February 2005 - 03:31 PM

general11, on Feb 22 2005, 01:06 AM, said:

MS Paint is CRAP. It bears VERY little resemblece to Photoshop. Just use it. I to have a question relating to dudes and fleets. According to the bible you can refrence fleets in dudes. How is this done?
View Post

For some reason the bible won't tell you how. But the answer is to put the negative ID of the flet in one of the ship fields.

Thanks, I'll download gimp. I managed to get Shooty and Bang Bang into the Frogstar System, but I'm having a little trouble with fleets. what, for example are they for?
also everything keeps jumping out of my system really fast, i set the average ships to 3.
and i cant figure out how to get them to say the quotes, do i need to edit something fro a nova file? and yes yes i will copy it. 🙂

Fnoigy, on Feb 22 2005, 01:00 AM, said:

Well, for one thing, such a plug, though small, has been made before. There aren't many (if any) free programs that are better than mspaint. It is possible to get good at mspaint (sadly, I have done it).
View Post

when you say 'such a plug' what do you mean? a blank plug or a Hitch-Hikers Guide Plug?

Guy, on Feb 22 2005, 03:53 AM, said:

For some reason the bible won't tell you how. But the answer is to put the negative ID of the flet in one of the ship fields.
View Post

This is a minor point, but I did actually find the passage that explains it. It is in the syst rescource, explaining how to get a fleet to appear a real probability instead of just haphazardly.

I mean a Hitch-hiker's plug. And if you're good at mspaint, it actually is good for an absurd number of things. Believe it or not, I made this picture here entirely in MSPaint and nothing else:
Posted Image

Fnoigy, on Feb 23 2005, 06:19 PM, said:

I mean a Hitch-hiker's plug. And if you're good at mspaint, it actually is good for an absurd number of things. Believe it or not, I made this picture here entirely in MSPaint and nothing else:
Posted Image
View Post

Yeah but this plug is about more peripheral stuff than the Heart of Gold Plug is.
This add's Shooty and Bang Bang and frogstar fighter and so on.
nice picture by the way.

Regardless of your talent i need to fade colours together, so does anyone know where to download GIMP?

Oh and i cant buy outfits for the Galactic Police Patrol Boat, even though it has empty mass!
Any thoughts?

Is contribute box A5 in the shďp resource checked?

Lit Nerd

Lit Nerd, on Feb 23 2005, 11:42 PM, said:

Is contribute box A5 in the shďp resource checked?

Lit Nerd
View Post

um do you mean bit 5? if so no. otherwise: What are you talkin about?