Suns

Enough about Star Trek. If you want to talk about Star Trek start a new topic in EV banter & brawl.

Unless you have something useful to add, DON'T POST HERE!!! 🙂

Lindley, on Jan 18 2005, 04:17 AM, said:

True. However, for what it's worth, I've found that TrekBBS (I moderate there) has a generally higher level of intelligence than most Trek boards. Generally.

Plus, I've already broken some of them into the "EVN Style" requesting help for EVNFF.
View Post

Really? Hmm. Maybe I should take your advice there. What's the URL?

general11, on Jan 18 2005, 11:24 AM, said:

Enough about Star Trek. If you want to talk about Star Trek start a new topic in EV banter & brawl.

Unless you have something useful to add, DON'T POST HERE!!! 🙂
View Post

Yeah. Like you're a moderator. Okaysurewhatever. It's called "thread drift," pal. Cope.

Conversation is productive in my opinion...

UncleTwitchy, on Jan 18 2005, 11:27 AM, said:

Really? Hmm. Maybe I should take your advice there. What's the URL?

www.trekbbs.com

Sorry about getting off-topic, I'll stop now. 😉

rmx256, on Jan 18 2005, 07:26 AM, said:

Conversation is productive in my opinion...
View Post

Yes, conversation is productive most of the time. But what we have hear is two people who are discusing how to come up with 1300 descriptions for planets from Star Trek. In a topic about suns and related astranomical phenominon. I don't mind them talking about planets, but I do mind them talking about how to get 1300 planet descriptions.

&nbsp

This post has been edited by rmx256 : 18 January 2005 - 04:47 PM

rmx256, on Jan 18 2005, 04:09 PM, said:

&nbsp
View Post

What!!!

Every system in Frozen Heart 2 has a sun.
I've introduced some tricks to do with them which should prove fun.
I did use Solar Cell initially, although I suspect that when I re-render I will do them all straight in Strata so that they can exhibit sun-spot and other behaviours.

Oh, for the record, I suggested suns about four years ago, but until Nova all they did was use up precious spob spaces.

rmx256, on Jan 18 2005, 04:09 PM, said:

&nbsp
View Post

I still don't understand. 😞

What are you trying to say???

^That's a code which sometimes appears in HTML documents. Not sure how it ended up in the post, but it probably indicates he said something and then deleted it.

Yes I did.

I wasn't allowed to actually delete my post so I replaced it with a non-breaking space.

I have nothing at this point to contructively add to any thread so I won't. I almost said something that I would rather have not so I deleted it. Rik takes things too seriously sometimes, especially himself, so he is going to bite back words and be quiet. That is all.

I never thought that I would have to explain deleting my own post... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: 😞

There are moderators for a REASON. They police the webboards, not you.

If you have a problem, give one of them a PM, and they'll take care of it for you.

Oh, I thought that was some king of "inside" jargen.

I have one question: is it possible to animate the starfield ro put something in other than stars.

No.

It's not even possible to change the starfield between systems without forcing the player to take out his plug-in files and put in a new set.

And what does this have to do with spobs in systs acting as suns?

This post has been edited by UE_Research & Development: 18 January 2005 - 07:24 PM

UE_Research & Development, on Jan 18 2005, 07:24 PM, said:

No.

It's not even possible to change the starfield between systems without forcing the player to take out his plug-in files and put in a new set.

And what does this have to do with spobs in systs acting as suns?
View Post

Actually I unoffically changed the topic to spacial phenomenon and related topics. 😛

general11, on Jan 19 2005, 12:32 AM, said:

Actually I unoffically changed the topic to spacial phenomenon and related topics. 😛
View Post

**Well then, don't be so touchy when other people change the subject back and forth.

This is a development community- we're all here to help each other out. No one "owns" topics- even the person who started it. I can certainly understand your frustration if it gets out of hand and no one has answered your questions- but that clearly isn't the case at all.

Everyone just needs to give everyone else a bit more respect and breathing room and it'll be fine. 🙂

_bomb

Ok, I was just getting annoyed about Star Trek being discused here.

Star Trek wasn't being discussed here. A Star Trek-centric plugin was being discussed, and the means to populate the many desc resources it was using. That's not quite the same thing.

Now, if we started pulling out our hair regarding whether Enterprise will be renewed, you'd have cause to complain. (Not that I care about that so much.....Battlestar Galactica 2004 is a much better show anyway, and Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis are pretty decent too.)

This post has been edited by Lindley : 19 January 2005 - 09:30 AM

The biggest problem with Suns is the matter of scale. Stars are just so tremendously bigger than planets, if the planet was an inch on the screen, the sun would be probably bigger than the entire system.

A workaround I was thinking of once was to make each system really the gravity system of a planet, and have the stars exist only in the nebu images. This isnt terribly awesome, and not entirely worth it, either.

NebuchadnezzaR, on Jan 19 2005, 10:50 AM, said:

The biggest problem with Suns is the matter of scale. Stars are just so tremendously bigger than planets, if the planet was an inch on the screen, the sun would be probably bigger than the entire system.

A workaround I was thinking of once was to make each system really the gravity system of a planet, and have the stars exist only in the nebu images. This isnt terribly awesome, and not entirely worth it, either.
View Post

I know what the scale would be, but I am only putting suns in for decoration. As the AI gets seriosly screwed up from gravity there will be none on the suns. Also the suns won't be deadly. Testing by me shows that the AI ships try to cross the suns with obvious results. They are mearly for decoration.

Also, all images that I have attached will be removed soon. Just a warning.

Oh and Batlestar Galactica, Stargate SG1, and Stargate Atlantis are much better than Star Trek. 🙂

One question: is it possible to have things like comets flying through systems?