All protoss ships finished

And you are free to use them.

Half a year ago, i started modeling the starcraft protoss ships.
I have now finished all the ships. Some of them even have weapons-

I have desided that they will be available to everyone, to maximise chances that a starcraft TC is made.

Hope you like them

Protoss ships <<

Weapons might be updated, but it will take some time.
I will maybe make the other starcraft ships too.

Please tell me if there are any errors in the ships graphics, And with this i mean errors like something flying backwards, not that you just don´t like the graphic, or that earth looks like an observer. This i leave to those wanting to use them to fix.

Anyway enjoy.

This post has been edited by modesty_blaise_us : 06 January 2005 - 12:53 PM

Now it includes shipyard and target graphics.
And i scaled the arbiter down a bit.

Is there a new link. Or do I just click the first link.

Scarab, on Jan 5 2005, 03:21 AM, said:

Is there a new link. Or do I just click the first link.
View Post

The same...

Nice. I took a look----I like the way you've done the ships!

A definite step towards a StarCraft TC.....

After dancing around for half an hour with StuffIt 8.5, I have just this to say:

These ships are WICKED. Jaw-droppingly wicked! :ninja:

Yeh, they are really cool. I am a big Starcraft fan (I have the both games) so I might know it. Yeah, and you should make the other Starcraft ships too, and perhaps, one day, there will be a big Starcraft plugin.

w000t!!!!! Good job, modesty. Have you seen Project: Revelation's page? They're doing a Starcraft TC for Warcraft 3...I'll get a link when I get home, but I gotta go now.

~Dimpf

For the Windows users that wish to see them...

First, Stuffit 7.5 won't cut it, sorry (it's unable to expand sitx archives). So you need to download Stuffit 8.5 from Allume. But that won't be enough, as you probably know Stuffit 8 doesn't handle resource forks properly, so you need to download this utility from Allume. The online instructions to use it are not available right now due to a problem with the Allume support server (imagine the FAQs not working, the forums erased, not to mention everything unavailable for two weeks... that's approximately what happens right now).

To use it properly, since this tool cannot expand hqx archives, you need to setup Stuffit NOT to recursively expand archives, and expand the hqx by dragging and dropping it to the drag and drop targets. It should then output a .sitx file. You can then use the tool to extract this archive by right-clicking the .sitx file, and picking "expand Mac archive" in the contextual menu. That should work.

This post has been edited by Zacha Pedro : 05 January 2005 - 12:52 PM

if a zip archive would make it easier then i´ll do that..

But my dropzip won´t do it. It makes the plugin 0kb..

This post has been edited by modesty_blaise_us : 05 January 2005 - 03:55 PM

Dimpfinator, on Jan 5 2005, 12:30 PM, said:

w000t!!!!! Good job, modesty. Have you seen Project: Revelation's page? They're doing a Starcraft TC for Warcraft 3...I'll get a link when I get home, but I gotta go now.

~Dimpf
View Post

It only hurts me that, last time I checked, they weren't going to release it for macs because some tool or whatever wouldn't work on 'em. That's one reason why I stopped following that project... I have a couple more personal reasons, but they're personal.

Nice job on the graphics. I would use them, but I'm working on something else. As usual, it seems. I wonder when it'll get done...

Phyvo, on Jan 5 2005, 09:05 PM, said:

It only hurts me that, last time I checked, they weren't going to release it for macs because some tool or whatever wouldn't work on 'em. That's one reason why I stopped following that project... I have a couple more personal reasons, but they're personal.
View Post

WHAT???? THOSE <censored>!!!!!!

Regards,
Dimpf

😮

err, here's the link

modesty_blaise_us, on Jan 5 2005, 09:16 PM, said:

if a zip archive would make it easier then i´ll do that..

But my dropzip won´t do it. It makes the plugin 0kb..
View Post

In the DropZip prefs you need to set the MacBinary tab to "smart". You may find this useful...

This post has been edited by Zacha Pedro : 06 January 2005 - 07:59 AM

Zacha Pedro, on Jan 6 2005, 12:56 PM, said:

In the DropZip prefs you need to set the MacBinary tab to "smart". You may find this useful...
View Post

Thanks..
Why isn´t it always smart. That does not make sense.

Oh nice. I´ll read that later today, and realease an updated more user friendly version.

I think that Allume assumes that, if we're compressing in zip, we're sending stuff to PC people. Which is right. But they also assume that these PC people don't need the resource fork, which is dead wrong in our case. Most of the time, the setting"never" is better, as for instance Photoshop files can get a custom icon (to reflect the content of the image), which is stored in the resource fork, while the image data is stored in the data fork. If the setting was set to smart, the image would be MacBinary'ed rendering it unusable on PC, for little gain as the resource fork here contains not-critical information. When set to "never", only the data fork containing the actual image data is transmitted and it can be used by a PC guy.

There are other examples like that, which means it makes sense for this setting to be the default. Allume assumes the people who wish to do otherwise are technically experts and really know what they are doing. Therefore, we plug-in developers need to know what we are doing: we work on files that are heavily Mac-specific, that don't exist on other filesystems, and are actually less and less supported by Apple.

This post has been edited by Zacha Pedro : 06 January 2005 - 09:11 AM

UPDATE.

- All links do now lead to a .zip archive.

- I have also updated the carrier, after some hints in just graphics.