Spob destruction mission

I'm working on a plug for EVN, and I need to have a NCB string go off as soon as you've destroyed a group of planets.
The problem is that you have to be able to destroy them in any order, and I don't want you to have to land.
Any ideas?

Have a separate "OnDestroy" bit set for each planet, then have a crön that gets activated when all those bits get set that automatically activates the desired NCB string.

Exactly how soon do you want the string to go off? I'm not sure it's possible to make it happen immediately. The cron will fire at the start of the next day - ie. when you next jump or leave a planet. If you want it to go off when you next land then you can use a mission that activates from the spaceport once all the bits have been set.

Well, what does the field need to do?

There might be a way to emulate this with some sort of onship done field or something.

Maybe there is a way to have a mission where the aiship is invisible and immobile, planet type, and starts on top of the spob, and the onship done field gets activated when you destroy the planet (since it would kill the ship, too)...

What is the ultimate behavior you are aiming for?

Thank you very very much, Guy, for mentioning that crons fire as soon as the date advances. There is a third way to advance the date. The datePostInc field of the mission resource will go off while you are flying around in space, if you use the auto abort flag, and the auto-abort flag will fire about five seconds after you start the mission using the Sxxx bit.

I just tested this, and everything is working fine.

Thank you! 😄

Amazing. Getting the time to advance as the player is flying...

Edwards, on Dec 2 2004, 06:24 PM, said:

Thank you very very much, Guy, for mentioning that crons fire as soon as the date advances. There is a third way to advance the date. The datePostInc field of the mission resource will go off while you are flying around in space, if you use the auto abort flag, and the auto-abort flag will fire about five seconds after you start the mission using the Sxxx bit.

Thank you! 😄
View Post

Ooo... thank you -- this is a function I can definitely use in SFA.

Isn't that how the cheap reactors are set to become bombs, that cron-while-flying thing? (My rookieness to Nova plug developing is further made obvious by that statement...)

This post has been edited by erikthered : 03 December 2004 - 12:24 AM

No, they're done with a cron-while-landing-on-planets-and-going-through-hyperjumps thing. Basically, the normal ways of advancing the date.

Oh, I thought maybe it was a real time cron, since I always flew for the same amount of time before it blew up after taking off once the time limit passed.

Edwards, on Dec 2 2004, 07:24 PM, said:

Thank you! 😄
View Post

Very interesting

wanders off thinking of where he can use it in Arpia 2

erikthered, on Dec 3 2004, 08:38 AM, said:

Oh, I thought maybe it was a real time cron, since I always flew for the same amount of time before it blew up after taking off once the time limit passed.
View Post

The crön just changes the non-exploding version into the exploding version, so when you're taking of it is already the exploding version, but the exploding version
does not explode immediately, just after a few seconds, nothing to do with crön advance.